Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

Inauspicious start for the Dodgers. Depending on my sons sleep pattern I may get up and watch tonight’s game live.

They’re in crisis according to their fans’ forum. I tend to agree, it’s all over for them.

Joe Panik’s a real old-school player - does the basics well without being flashy. Often ignored by opponents.

The Phillies have been embarrassingly amateurish so far. Had to use a utility infielder as a pitcher. Given an official warning because they tried to bring in a pitcher who hadn't taken off his jacket, never mind thrown warm-up pitches :lol:

In other news, MLB.com has become virtually tabloid in its output. Yesterday I read a heading "Judge creates history. It was because he was playing centre field and because he's tall.

8 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Really liking what Callaway has done with the Mets so far. Such a breath of fresh air after old Terry.

Definitely - he’s got ideas and a plan.

That was a superb win tonight.

15 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

The Cubs score 9 runs in the 8th inning to win 14-10 against the Braves. They were 10-2 down at one point. Ooft

Bullpen implosions are always fun - unless it's your team, in which it might be the worst thing in all of baseball to watch.

On 14/04/2018 at 23:12, Sarto Mutiny said:

The Cubs score 9 runs in the 8th inning to win 14-10 against the Braves. They were 10-2 down at one point. Ooft

This was even better when you consider they only managed 3 -hits to score the 9 runs! 

HBP,  K, Single, K, HBP, Infield Single, BB, Double, IBB, BB, BB, BB, Wild Pitch, Throwing Error by the Catcher

Brutal stuff for the  Braves. The 2nd HBP was on an 0-2 pitch as well...

Happened to be woken by my 11 month old at about 2.30am and thought I'd check the Mets vs Nationals game whilst i was awake and settling her.

Yes!

Mets leading 6-1, top of the 8th....

30 mins later, back to bed in a very grumpy mood...