Keep/release still undecided?

7 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Makes mistakes constantly, horrendous at commanding his box, and has terrible distribution of the ball, numerous times he’s prevented counter attacks to either taking about 5 minutes to get the ball out or by kicking it out the park completely. He’s a good shot stopper but that’s about it.

I've only seen him a couple of times I'm surprised he's inconsistent 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Keep
Mitchell- Good backup
McGhee- fantastic player
Robson- ^
Sibbs- don’t think he’s done enough to earn a move down south this season, hopefully stays.
King Louis- gets stick for being a bit of a ball hog but it’s been refreshing to see a player who always works hard and is always looking to move us forward. Scored some peaches as well.

Maybes
Kidd- been good at centre mid but doesn’t seem to fit in Hartleys plans anymore. Maybe keep as backup in the centre and at wingback.
Muirhead or Grant- Both could go and I wouldn’t be that upset, Muirheads still shaky as f**k in either position he plays however he’s shit hot at pens. Grants never been the same since his injury. I’d keep one or the other.

Get Rid
Thomson
Mutch
Watson
Welsh
Blues
OHara
McKee
Shepherd
Loy
Harris

Loans
Would love Nelson and Jak back. That’s about it.

Taiwo?

Makes mistakes constantly, horrendous at commanding his box, and has terrible distribution of the ball, numerous times he’s prevented counter attacks to either taking about 5 minutes to get the ball out or by kicking it out the park completely. He’s a good shot stopper but that’s about it.

Aye pretty much this.

He is capable of having an absolute stormer (if it wasn’t for him at Tannadice it really could’ve been double figures) but his inability to deal with cross balls and slow as f**k distribution are both incredibly infuriating.

On 28/03/2018 at 15:42, Russ said:

Would keep:

David Mitchell (even if he was out of contact I’d have been offering him a new deal)

Jordan McGhee
Tommy Robson
Aaron Muirhead

Lewis Kidd
Craig Sibbald
Tom Taiwo

Louis Longridge
Alex Jakubiak (if possible)
Andy Nelson (if possible)

Punt:

Robbie Thomson
Connor Hazard (not extent his loan)
Robbie Mutch

Peter Grant
Paul Watson

Cameron Blues
Sean Welsh
Ryan Blair (not extent his loan)
Joe McKee (still got a year left but would be letting him go)

Alex Harris (unfortunately he’s got a year left on his deal and I doubt anyone else will be happy to sign him up)
Rory Loy (another one with a year left that should be free to find a new club)
Scott Shepherd (inexplicably still under contract for next season)

Undecided:

Reghan Tumilty - We could probably upgrade in the summer but I wouldn’t mind taking him full-time tbh.

Kevin O’Hara - He’s not progressed anywhere near like we thought he would after his breakthrough season a couple of years ago although he’s not had an awful lot of playing time.

I'd be quite happy for Blues and Shepherd to sign for Edinburgh City (for nowt..!). Make it so, ta. 

On 28/03/2018 at 19:43, hedgeman83 said:

I would keep most of our squad think they could do a decent job in league one and just get rid of the management team

Hmm.  Same management team + half the team more likely unfortunately. 

Do we have anyone on more than a year's contract?  I reckon away:

Smith G - in the huff, all the best wherever he ends up next season; good servant

Dyer - lost his way a bit this season; not alone in that but 30+ and probs a higher earner. Again, good service, all the best

crighton - done ok in patches but no dougie hill.

dale - was away this time last season, persuaded to stay. Will have been worthwhile for him for the Celtic experience but sure he'll be away now. Will be remembered fondly for that goal by all at the glebe, except slangs.

fusco: retiring? Pls score before end of season and leave us your telescopic legs so someone else can use them next year

spark: I am in the 'not sure what's good about him except he's local' camp. Good effort but can't see him staying unless he improves radically in the close season

kalvin orsi: showed glimpses but was dragged down from tbc in the end on the basis I've not seen him score/assist. 

TBC:

Jacko: great player at this level at his best. Def keep as long as he can recover properly

mcGeever: sthg to prove post injury but we know he can be good at L1 level

Smith E: great effort to get back from  a bad injury. Obvious ability - not had much opp to shine in a difficult season. Let's see what you got 

liam watt: not seen last few games that he has started. Didn't look fit earlier in season which is inexcusable for someone who has played at champ level before. Not sure. Needs to make himself a first pick - has the ability. If he can do it can clean up in L1. Come on Liam - we're behind you if you really fancy it

callum Tapping: I'd need a bit of persuading here too. Looks like he should be a player - we backed him first time when he got injured; he fooked off and then has been patchy second time round. Anyone?

jordan Sinclair: why can't you play 90 mins? You're young enough. You've got the ability. Needs to kick on but could be a real asset in L1

keep:

Aaron Lynas: has had a couple of aberrations this season but is a 110% er and will do well back in L1

Finn Graham: ditto, without the aberrations

isaac Layne: not sure if management feel the same - seems to have drifted out the picture recently but would def keep for a L1 campaign despite unpredictability 

Paul McLean: no question as long as he's fit. 

Paddy O'Neil: apparently had a couple of decent games after GS got benched. Keep but obvs look for a first choice - I'm not hearing many people suggesting paddy is that??

Craig storie: if he can get fit, and if we can keep him

Loans: assume all these are away.

Who have I missed?

Hmm.  Same management team + half the team more likely unfortunately. 
Do we have anyone on more than a year's contract?  I reckon away:
Smith G - in the huff, all the best wherever he ends up next season; good servant
Dyer - lost his way a bit this season; not alone in that but 30+ and probs a higher earner. Again, good service, all the best
crighton - done ok in patches but no dougie hill.
dale - was away this time last season, persuaded to stay. Will have been worthwhile for him for the Celtic experience but sure he'll be away now. Will be remembered fondly for that goal by all at the glebe, except slangs.
fusco: retiring? Pls score before end of season and leave us your telescopic legs so someone else can use them next year
spark: I am in the 'not sure what's good about him except he's local' camp. Good effort but can't see him staying unless he improves radically in the close season
kalvin orsi: showed glimpses but was dragged down from tbc in the end on the basis I've not seen him score/assist. 
TBC:
Jacko: great player at this level at his best. Def keep as long as he can recover properly
mcGeever: sthg to prove post injury but we know he can be good at L1 level
Smith E: great effort to get back from  a bad injury. Obvious ability - not had much opp to shine in a difficult season. Let's see what you got 
liam watt: not seen last few games that he has started. Didn't look fit earlier in season which is inexcusable for someone who has played at champ level before. Not sure. Needs to make himself a first pick - has the ability. If he can do it can clean up in L1. Come on Liam - we're behind you if you really fancy it
callum Tapping: I'd need a bit of persuading here too. Looks like he should be a player - we backed him first time when he got injured; he fooked off and then has been patchy second time round. Anyone?
jordan Sinclair: why can't you play 90 mins? You're young enough. You've got the ability. Needs to kick on but could be a real asset in L1
keep:
Aaron Lynas: has had a couple of aberrations this season but is a 110% er and will do well back in L1
Finn Graham: ditto, without the aberrations
isaac Layne: not sure if management feel the same - seems to have drifted out the picture recently but would def keep for a L1 campaign despite unpredictability 
Paul McLean: no question as long as he's fit. 
Paddy O'Neil: apparently had a couple of decent games after GS got benched. Keep but obvs look for a first choice - I'm not hearing many people suggesting paddy is that??
Craig storie: if he can get fit, and if we can keep him
Loans: assume all these are away.
Who have I missed?

Pretty much agree with that I know pabs still has a year left McGeever and Jacko have already signed herd some one say paddy is going to sign think he deserves a go at first choice he's done well. I would love to see Fusco score before he retires think there would be a pitch invasion if he dose

• 2 weeks later...

Andy Dowie - Player of the Year. By some distance.

And I'd want shot of our defence. No surprise there then.

Get Rid

Rooney - If he was a RM I'd use his mental runs as a plus. I don't really care if a full-back has that in their game if they are unable to do the basics at the back. He is woeful at marking, his positioning is shambolic at times, he's clumsy and for the height of him he is very poor in the air.

Mercer - To be fair to the guy he has improved a wee bit during the season but he's not up to it.

Brownlie - Not a terrible CB but I've had enough of his constant route 1 and his 'ridiculously obvious foul in a dangerous area' that he gives away on a weekly basis.

Rankin - No words are needed. He's done.

Undecided

Fordyce - Was very impressed with him in the first half of the season but he's been at fault for the lack of marking at crosses a few times and given that's been our biggest problem I wouldn't be too devastated if we emptied him. We desperately need someone with good organisation at the back. If we find someone then he would probably do fine. Him and Dowie would probably have been a sound pairing.

Jacobs - Probably harsh he's in here. His inability to pass the ball well is starting to annoy me but given he's rarely had any support in the middle and his game is to break up play I'm heavily leaning towards him being kept tbh.

Keep

Dykes - Only because he's signed.

Martin - Also signed. With any luck, next year we'll see why he was so highly rated at Dumbarton.

Leighfield - Decent back-up.

Stirling - I'd be shocked if we pay him off but I'd want him here even if he wasn't signed. Give the guy a run of games ffs.

Carmichael - 6 month deal to prove his fitness.

Bell, Murray and Fergusson - I expect they'll be given deals.

Dobbie - I suppose there are worse strikers out there. May as well.

Loans

Thomson - I hope he returns.

Thomas - Would like to see him return, wouldn't be gutted if he didn't.

Beerman - Nah.

Cameron - Nah.

Todorov - Really don't know. He's not played enough for me to judge him, yet he still managed to bag a goal.

Todd - I doubt we'll have the choice but would be pleased to see him return.

Naysmith. I doubt he'll be sacked but if he doesn't get the defence tightened up I would be surprised if he makes it to the end of his contract. It'll be a tougher league next season so relegation is a real possibility.

On 29/03/2018 at 09:08, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I can understand that. I’ve always stuck up for Gallacher, but I guess it depends who’s available in the summer. If someone decent comes up (Is David Mitchell out of contract, or Robbie Thomson? Two guys I’ve always liked) then we should aim for them.

I know where your coming from with Stewart too. He’s a smashing player when he’s fit, but his last 90 must’ve been back in November I think. In saying that I’d rather keep him if guys like Nisbet and Greg Morrison are the other options!

I had it in my head he'd signed a two year deal last summer. Possibly my memory is wonky. It seems a long time ago now.

54 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

And I'd want shot of our defence. No surprise there then.

Get Rid

Rooney - If he was a RM I'd use his mental runs as a plus. I don't really care if a full-back has that in their game if they are unable to do the basics at the back. He is woeful at marking, his positioning is shambolic at times, he's clumsy and for the height of him he is very poor in the air.

Mercer - To be fair to the guy he has improved a wee bit during the season but he's not up to it.

Brownlie - Not a terrible CB but I've had enough of his constant route 1 and his 'ridiculously obvious foul in a dangerous area' that he gives away on a weekly basis.

Rankin - No words are needed. He's done.

Undecided

Fordyce - Was very impressed with him in the first half of the season but he's been at fault for the lack of marking at crosses a few times and given that's been our biggest problem I wouldn't be too devastated if we emptied him. We desperately need someone with good organisation at the back. If we find someone then he would probably do fine. Him and Dowie would probably have been a sound pairing.

Jacobs - Probably harsh he's in here. His inability to pass the ball well is starting to annoy me but given he's rarely had any support in the middle and his game is to break up play I'm heavily leaning towards him being kept tbh.

Keep

Dykes - Only because he's signed.

Martin - Also signed. With any luck, next year we'll see why he was so highly rated at Dumbarton.

Leighfield - Decent back-up.

Stirling - I'd be shocked if we pay him off but I'd want him here even if he wasn't signed. Give the guy a run of games ffs.

Carmichael - 6 month deal to prove his fitness.

Bell, Murray and Fergusson - I expect they'll be given deals.

Dobbie - I suppose there are worse strikers out there. May as well.

Loans

Thomson - I hope he returns.

Thomas - Would like to see him return, wouldn't be gutted if he didn't.

Beerman - Nah.

Cameron - Nah.

Todorov - Really don't know. He's not played enough for me to judge him, yet he still managed to bag a goal.

Todd - I doubt we'll have the choice but would be pleased to see him return.

Naysmith. I doubt he'll be sacked but if he doesn't get the defence tightened up I would be surprised if he makes it to the end of his contract. It'll be a tougher league next season so relegation is a real possibility.

Jacobs and Fordyce are signed for next season so they will have to move to keep them 

9 hours ago, rockson said:

I had it in my head he'd signed a two year deal last summer. Possibly my memory is wonky. It seems a long time ago now.

He did, aye. I'd imagine it'll have a break clause if we go down - just like his deal at Raith though.

Morton:

Keep: O’Ware (most likely away), Lamie, Murdoch, Gaston, Harkins, Tiffoney, Oliver, Quitongo (most likely away as well), Kilday, Gasparotto, Brennan, Iredale.  

Bin: Russell, Doyle - great guy but if we want to go further we need better, Forbes, Baird. 

Contracted: McHugh, Thomson - wouldn’t mind releasing the pair of them - Tidser. 

Loans: Frank Ross hasn’t contributed much but just having him in the team lead to our best form this season. Wouldn’t mind having him back. Haven’t seen enough of Gary Fraser to judge. 

If we had a competent board we’d also be binning our manager but for some reason they gave him a contract extension earlier in the season. 

It'd be an extremely brave/foolish team that offers Quitongo a deal given his record of long, recurring injury problems over the last two seasons. I can't see him going anywhere tbh and picking up a new deal here instead.

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

It'd be an extremely brave/foolish team that offers Quitongo a deal given his record of long, recurring injury problems over the last two seasons. I can't see him going anywhere tbh and picking up a new deal here instead.

I do hope we get him signed up. Just not sure if a team might take a punt on him. 

Archived