Dumbarton v Livi

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Thanking you.

Odds on Hardie hat-trick and 5-0? I might be tempted.

We are bad with Dowie, but by Christ are we a total mess without him. 

I've never seen a team so disinterested in attacking.

Get Grant Gal on for the second half. The game's gone and it'll be good for his fitness and sharpness. That's just about the only (vague) positive still salvagable.

Get Grant Gal on for the second half. The game's gone and it'll be good for his fitness and sharpness. That's just about the only (vague) positive still salvagable.

5-0 is too optimistic. Livi have a wind advantage next half too.

I’ve never called for Stevie out but this is the least impressed I’ve been with him. The reaction from the cup final has been truely pathetic.

I feel we need a seething, fuming sons tv interview, not hearing it’s been tough for the players.

I think the players need to shoulder some blame here. Nobody looking to grab the game, lots of finger pointing and shouting going on though. Every Livi player wants it more than us. I don't want to single folk out as the team have been rotten but I'm not sure how Liam Dick is a footballer. Unbelievably out of position at almost every ball down his side. 

I'm giving this 10 minutes and fucking off to the pub.

40 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Stevie Wonder doesn't know how to send out a team to attack, to go for it, it's all about being scared to lose, he'll set out to defend, & maybe snatch something on the counter attack....but when we go behind there's no real plan B.

Last week's Irn Bru Final confirmed it for me, a one-off game, nothing to lose, let's go for it? We weren't playing Barca or Real, just ICT. No, sadly just the same old, same old.

26 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Delighted I missed that.

Another minter of an effort from us by the sound of things.

See the really annoying thing, you weren't there today yet you know exactly how the game went. 

We are so predictable it's murder. Create nothing, concede, continue to create nothing, concede again, repeat as many times as the opposition plan on scoring.

I don't think a single Livi defender was forced into a jog for the final 15 minutes. Gregor Buchanan was literally wandering about like a guy playing with a dog, pinging passes about under no pressure at all.

As comfortable a game as we’ve had all season, it was 3-0 going on 5 or 6 but I’m not greedy I’ll settle for 3. 

We started on top and all it took was the goal for Dumbarton to completely collapse, horrific goalkeeping. 

What a ping from Hardie for the second, great vision to see the keeper off his line, by this time Dumbarton has completely gave up. 

De vita putting the icing on a very comfortable half of football for us with a neat little finish. 

2nd half was a non event, we never really got out of second gear but still could’ve had 2 or 3 more. 

Shows how strong a squad we have, 2 of our main players out, the lad on loan from Killie not even stripped, and still eased our way to 3 points, a good sign for the games to come. 

Special mention to Jackson Longridge, gets a lot of stick but today I thought he was one of our top players, brilliant up and down the wing all game and looked our most attacking threat for most of the first half. 

Oh and Morton scoring a last minute goal not only increased the gap between ourselves and Dundee Utd but it also won me £315, good day all round. 

We started the game with no recognised strikers.

Callum Gallagher kind of played up front, but we were effectively playing Levein's 4-6-0. With our 4 attacking players being Stirling, Walsh, Froxy and Gallagher there just wasn't a focus to our attack. Not that we did much going forward.

Livi didnt need to play particularly well today to totally dominate the game. They just had to close us down when we were in possession and do a half way competent job when they had the ball. Our players look dead on their feet and we were making plenty of stray passes and tired runs. Buchanan absolutely strolled it at the back. Livi could, and should, have scored more than their 3 goals. Scott Gallagher did well sticking his leg out for Hardie's effort in the 2nd half but we should have been punished with the one that somehow went off the post. Normally even in a defeat you can identify somebody who offered something but today there was absolutely nobody who stood out from the team. Nobody got pass marks.  It was a tired and demoralised Sons team that looked beaten today from early in the game.

Tuesday night effectively confirmed 9th place for us. Eighth was still mathematically up for grabs but we were looking at a battle. Today was worrying because we didnt have any energy on show. We weren't playing with any freedom that Brechin's relegation should have given us. A point here or there isnt going to make any difference to us now and the big worry is that we go into the playoffs in really poor form, short of confidence and short of fitness against a League One side who will be right up for taking their chance of promotion. That confidence could well be the difference come playoff time and I really would worry if we went into those games with so much pressure on us, so many players obviously running on empty and against an Alloa or similar who would fancy their chances.

Archived