Dumbarton v Livi

Dumbarton will be looking to bounce back from the cup final and last night's defeat, and we'll be missing Halkett and Lithgow so there's a chance Dumbarton could get a win. Hopefully Hopkin doesn't put Longridge at CB, think I'd prefer us to go 4 at the back rather than making the same mistake we've made in other games this season.

If we're sticking with 3 at the back:

Alexander

McMillan    Gallagher    Buchanan

De Vita    Jacobs    Byrne    Pittman    Cadden

Miller    Hardie

If we're going for 4 at the back:

Alexander

McMillan    Gallagher    Buchanan    Longridge

De Vita    Byrne    Pittman    Cadden

Miller    Hardie

Both of those teams should be good enough to get the 3 points but can see us getting our 4th draw in a row.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping we stick with a back 3, it would cause less disruption to the team only having to move a couple of player around at the back, and keeping everyone else as they are in midfield and attack. Would play Robinson instead of Rafa though, as I think we'd get more of an attacking threat on their goal with him. Pity we couldn't just bring Rafa on for free kicks around their box.:lol:

Dumbarton must be really low on confidence after their cup defeat and 5-0 trouncing last night, can't see them bouncing back from that in this game but you never know in football, hopefully not though, we really could do with a win here after drawing our last 3 games. Ryan Hardie hattrick would do nicely too, mon the Lions.:bounce2 

The three draws provide a smokescreen that we are still playing well but we haven't been good enough and need to start winning again. Luckily for us everyone around us has been just as bad and haven't gained anything on us. Morton for me was a good point but Falkirk and Queens weren't and games we should have won. I'd like to think we'll win this one.

No Halkett and Lithgow is a big worry, hopefully we go to 4 at the back and resort to playing down the wings more with Cadden and Rafa. Let McMillan and Longridge focus on the defending. Can't lose this game

Think it’s incredibly harsh to say the draws against Falkirk and QoS weren’t good points, think Falkirk where are on as good a run as us, and we where 2-0 down against Queens, points against Morton, Queens and Falkirk meant none of those teams gained any ground on us. 

This game is huge for us, with Dundee Utd stuttering, and all 4 teams around us playing each other this weekend a win in this pretty much solidifies our position in the top 4 and puts us well in the driving seat to finish 2nd. 

Obviously the loss of Halkett and Lithgow are a blow, but we should have enough about us to cover that, Buchanan is a solid defender, with Gallagher alongside him, I think We will continue with a 3 and go with Jacko or Jack to be that 3rd defender. 

Dumbarton have always been a tricky side for us so taking absolutely nothing for granted, and I hope the players aren’t either, if we can get an early goal to settle us down that would be magic. 

Looking forward to the trip through, like the trips to the Rock, just hope we can come away with another win. 

3 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

I think We will continue with a 3 and go with Jacko or Jack to be that 3rd defender. 

I agree but I'm not sure it's the best option. I would be tempted to try a four but I feel like Longridge was equally shaky in that left-back position in the past. 

My prediction - back three of Gallagher, Buchanan and Longridge with Cadden and De Vita as wing backs.

My hope given Lithgow and Halkett are out is that we start on the front foot and get into a good lead with a bit to spare. Not a fan of Longridge at CB let alone LB, McMillan could well be fine at CB but is this the time to find out? I guess Hopkin’s hand will be forced one way or another.

Dumbarton has always been a tricky place for us to go, and is class this as must win. Bogey team curse to strike again; home win.

10 hours ago, Afro said:

My hope given Lithgow and Halkett are out is that we start on the front foot and get into a good lead with a bit to spare. Not a fan of Longridge at CB let alone LB, McMillan could well be fine at CB but is this the time to find out? I guess Hopkin’s hand will be forced one way or another.

Dumbarton has always been a tricky place for us to go, and is class this as must win. Bogey team curse to strike again; home win.

What was tricky about your last visit ?? 

What was tricky about your last visit ?? 

Absolutely f**k all, which makes me even more nervy about Saturday.

After Prunty scored that overhead kick about 5 years ago at Almondvale I just go into every game with Dumbarton expecting disappointment tbh.

When will our luck change, cos this run we’re on is absolutely frightening. Seems like forever since we last played at home. Fingers crossed we can galvanise ourselves and get a favourable result.

Gallacher

Smith dowie Barr hill Mclaughlin

Froxy carswell Hutton Stirling

.stewart.

I'm just praying that the football gods have some mercy on us. In the space of a week we've gone from being on cloud 9 in the build up to the final, lost the final, been horsed 5-0 and it now looks like our club could be in a bit of bother depending on how our owners react to yesterdays news. A wee win here would be a welcome pick-me-up, but ultimately I think we're stuck in the play-offs anyway. It'd be nice to be able to celebrate a fucking goal.

When will our luck change, cos this run we’re on is absolutely frightening. Seems like forever since we last played at home. Fingers crossed we can galvanise ourselves and get a favourable result.

Gallacher

Smith dowie Barr hill Mclaughlin

Froxy carswell Hutton Stirling

.stewart.

If I see this line up announced on the way to the game, I’ll probably do a U-turn tbh.

This is probably the best game possible to have your 2 best CBs out suspended to be honest. I also don't care if it is folk having a laugh (I expect it should be) but I think Livi can lose the "Dumbarton always cause us troubles" etc chat after the previous meetings this season. The only one we look remotely okay was the 2-1 game in September, but that seems soooo long ago now though...

Archived