The Sneck Shenanigans vs The Buddie Bandwagon

Paranoia of Celtic proportions here guys.

If Saints are apparently taking a big home support up it wouldn't surprise me to see the home fans outnumbered. The club clearly counting season ticket holders in the crowd from Tuesday when they said there were 2,300 odd there. Looked more like 1,600.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are on fire just now. Totally blew the Sons away and it could have been double figures. There is a winning mentality alongside a pool of players playing some great football. Only a few Buddies are still shitting it. I expect a win. Nothing less.

The 2-0 'run of the mill' League Cup game was actually heading for a penalty shoot out, until the ref avoided that risky scenario by getting the ball rolling early and awarding Inverness a phantom penalty kick in extra time.

Not the only time something like that has happened in football, but it was Tom Hendrie and the players who were actually more vocal about it than the fans, at the time, because they were right on the coal face and could see the whole performance close up.

There was a newspaper article that week where the discussion from the team was quite frank, to say the least, and  was not at all focused on the penalty call, but on the ref's general demeanour towards our players, throughout the game, compared to how he was treating the home players, with whom he was literally on first name terms, according to Tom Hendrie. Suffice to say it came as no surprise to anyone in the team when he made the call that decided the outcome of the match. 

If he did indeed only ref one game between the sides, I reckon there might be a reason for that. :)

I'd imagine between 700  - 1000 Buddies travelling tomorrow. Part of me thinks the numbers will be kept to three figures due to the Easter break and, not to put too fine a point on it, the league title is a mere formality so it's not exactly a do or die type encounter. 

I reckon about 90% of my predictions involving St Mirren this season have been wrong, so I just predict we'll all have a nice time. 

On 28/03/2018 at 18:24, Coventry Saint said:

I believe this is the first sign of the apocalypse. If anyone hears of a Ton fan taking a shower, run for the hills. 

On 28/03/2018 at 18:29, Sittìng on the fence said:

Could that ever be at risk of happening?:shutup

I had a shower this morning. Then another this evening before going out, and I'll have another one tomorrow morning.

I therefore expect you lot to camp out in The Car Park In The Sky for the foreseeable future and try to focus on the remaining home games through pairs of (stolen) binoculars.

That is all.

2 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

I had a shower this morning. Then another this evening before going out, and I'll have another one tomorrow morning.

I therefore expect you lot to camp out in The Car Park In The Sky for the foreseeable future and try to focus on the remaining home games through pairs of (stolen) binoculars.

That is all.

Where you out this evening with collection tins for the "Save the Ton".Really can't think of anywhere down there you would wash to get into . more likely when you came out.

12 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

The 2-0 'run of the mill' League Cup game was actually heading for a penalty shoot out, until the ref avoided that risky scenario by getting the ball rolling early and awarding Inverness a phantom penalty kick in extra time.

Not the only time something like that has happened in football, but it was Tom Hendrie and the players who were actually more vocal about it than the fans, at the time, because they were right on the coal face and could see the whole performance close up.

There was a newspaper article that week where the discussion from the team was quite frank, to say the least, and  was not at all focused on the penalty call, but on the ref's general demeanour towards our players, throughout the game, compared to how he was treating the home players, with whom he was literally on first name terms, according to Tom Hendrie. Suffice to say it came as no surprise to anyone in the team when he made the call that decided the outcome of the match. 

If he did indeed only ref one game between the sides, I reckon there might be a reason for that:)

Yeah, probably because you won promotion that season and sorry if I get the year wrong but it was either 2001 or 2002 that Kevin Bissett had a double brain haemorrhage so there's your reason or reasons. We didn't have a lot of history behind us with lots of candidates for naming stands or enclosures but it was a nice touch by the club to name the north enclosure and then later the family area of the North Stand after him.

btw on a lighter note spotted this oldie on the fan chants website

Tom Hendrie was the gaffer,

He wore a gaffer's hat,

And when he won the title,

He said I fancy that,

He took it down to Greenock, To show to Ian McCall,

He said we've won the championship

And youse have won f*ck all...

On 29/03/2018 at 11:03, Coventry Saint said:

This whole 'the famous' thing needs to die now. Morton are famous for losing 10-2, betting scandals, chucking away a massive lead in a league, and for winning nothing since 1922.

Its embarrassing, fully agree.

Could also add probably the most under performing full time side in the country to that list too!

Personally cringe when I see the famous patter and I'm sure I'm not alone.

1 minute ago, madton said:

Its embarrassing, fully agree.

Could also add probably the most under performing full time side in the country to that list too!

Personally cringe when I see the famous patter and I'm sure I'm not alone.

We have all had our moments 9 man Rangers league cup final.  Hammarby nightmare.  

29 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

We have all had our moments 9 man Rangers league cup final.  Hammarby nightmare.  

Just got a shiver down my spine there.

Score prediction 3-1 Saints.

I’m not even from the highlands but it’s embarrassing seeing the paranoia from folks down here about refs. The vast majority are from the Glasgow area anyway so it’s a bit ironic complaining that ICT get special treatment. But unlike our own Barley Chatterman and a few others I’ve no time for claiming there’s any central belt bias against ICT either.

I knew Tam Hendrie very well for many years and he was as biased as they come :lol: 

9 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I’m not even from the highlands but it’s embarrassing seeing the paranoia from folks down here about refs. The vast majority are from the Glasgow area anyway so it’s a bit ironic complaining that ICT get special treatment. But unlike our own Barley Chatterman and a few others I’ve no time for claiming there’s any central belt bias against ICT either.

I knew Tam Hendrie very well for many years and he was as biased as they come :lol: 

You want to see Thompson's record with us absolutely horrendous and he is a St Mirren fan. Gus McPherson always claimed refs from up north always leans towards ICT favour fans picked up on that. Fact is Scottish refs  are poor. 

4 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

The 2010 League Cup Final, Hammarby, the bib strip, the kiddies pirate costume strip with the huge yellow ‘King of Trainers’ shield, Stephane Bahonking, Mo Camara, painting the away dressing room black and boasting about it on our website.... cringe.

That aside, we are a magnificent footballing institution.

HT 0-1

Well on top really. Had two penalties, Harry scored the first and his second was saved.

ICT haven’t done much of anything.

Keep it up and another 3 points in the bag.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

Did he not recently score the winner in a game Vs PSG?! I think we can be forgiven that one.

No chance. He did feck’ all, then disappeared to France where he cried to his daddy that life wasn’t fair?

He was a dud. Like Camara.

Archived