Ticketmaster

Just tried to buy an additional ticket for Public Service Broadcasting on April 14th venue. Bought the first two off the venue but they'd sold out, so it would seem the only avenue. 

£26ish for the ticket, £4.50 booking fee. Fair enough. Then it comes to actually getting the ticket. No option to print or pick up tickets. Only option was £5.50 for a fucking delivery. Utter c***s. But what was interesting that if you were outside GB and NI, you could pick up your tickets gratis. Tried this, but it recognised all my cards as being UK and fobbed me off. 

In the end, found another website selling them with the entirely more reasonable £3 booking fee and £2 delivery. But my question is, how can Ticketmaster get away with charging UK residents £5.50 for delivery, whereas anyone outside the UK can pick them up at the box office gratis?

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Just tried to buy an additional ticket for Public Service Broadcasting on April 14th venue. Both the first two off the venue but they'd sold out, so it would seem the only avenue. 

£26ish for the ticket, £4.50 booking fee. Fair enough. Then it comes to actually getting the ticket. No option to print or pick up tickets. Only option was £5.50 for a fucking delivery. Utter c***s. But what was interesting that if you were outside GB and NI, you could pick up your tickets gratis. Tried this, but it recognised all my cards as being UK and fobbed me off. 

In the end, found another website selling them with the entirely more reasonable £3 booking fee and £2 delivery. But my question is, how can Ticketmaster get away with charging UK residents £5.50 for delivery, whereas anyone outside the UK can pick them up at the box office gratis?

For me what annoys me greatly is every ticket getting a delivery and booking fee.

It's 1 transaction therefore should be 1 booking fee and you are not gonnae post out every ticket separately so why do I need to pay repeat postage?

Recently bought my mum some dancing on ice tickets from ticketmaster and they charged me £11 in fees on top of the 2 tickets. 

The real kicker is they now post out A4 sheet of paper and you rip the perforated tickets off. They aren't even on decent paper and look fake. 

• 2 weeks later...

They also own StubHub and GetMeIn, two of the biggest "resale" (touting) sites.

I managed to get Gaslight Anthem tickets for July, but a mate logged on at the same time (9.00.01) and it said they were sold out.

They were immediately on GetMeIn for £90 each.

Now, it seems fairly unlikely to me that even a bot would have had the time to log on, purchase the tickets, and list them on the reselling sites.

It's almost as if Ticketmaster keep a load back to sell at even more inflated prices.

• 2 weeks later...

I avoid Ticketmaster if at all possible.  Unfortunately they are sometimes the only option.

It's the "£3.50 print at home" option which really pisses me off.  My ink, my paper, my feckin everything...

Their "Best available"  is often just that - the best they have.. stuck across in seat A1 somewhere around the back of the curtain..

It’s even more frustrating if you want to buy tickets for the same artist on more than one date. You should be allowed to put tickets for more than one venue into a basket then pay the booking and postage fees as a one off. But Ticketwanker totally rip it and you have to make two or more seperate transactions.

• 4 years later...