Felt that Smith got the subs right today. Henry was excellent in the middle of the park, though he made a few errors. Furtado added presence, Herron got an assist for the first with some utterly superb vision, and Zanatta got the second. It was a very frustrating afternoon, with a good few number of people losing their heads after East Fife went ahead as it was a pressure cooker. The players did well towards the end to find openings. We were poor at points, but we steadied the ship with a very solid all round performance. 

All we can do is take one game at a time. We can't do anything other than focus on our own game and try to either come out with a league title, or go into the playoffs with a strong run of form. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, grant1903 said:

Don’t blame us for your failure to beat forfar and Albion rovers twice each away from home,hav to laugh,you’s can’t beat the lower teams but yr wantin to play livi,pars an Dundee Utd next season wi Barry smith-cant wait 

Is there a translator in the house ?

3 minutes ago, Shawheadrover said:

Nice pub in Kirkcaldy, although it took us ages to find it! Very friendly: much like Big Owen's in Coatbridge. Good photos of Raith teams. I will miss the matches v Raith: very good friendly chat home and away.

Were you sitting next to the puggie?

Brutal game of football in brutal weather. Ground out the win eventually but it wasn’t pretty.  In defence of Smith, his changes today won the game. Barring an Ayr collapse, it’s still the play-offs for us. Hopefully we can keep winning to go into them in decent form 

A couple of points watching the highlights: 

• Regan Henry is superb at putting pressure on opposition defences by pressing. It's a shame Smith was reluctant to give him game time before. 
  • Vaughan really should've cut back to Spence in the first half. Hindsight to see now but he was clearly open. 
  • When we get our midfield involved in the game, we can play the ball about, but we're horrendous for bypassing them. Robertson even playing 70 minutes has a huge bearing for us
  • Cracking finish from Bobby Barr at a tight angle. 

We didn’t score from that tbf, went through several phases of play before we scored. I have no idea if it was dubious though.

We were in your half with a throw in, you get the free kick, our whole team back in our own box, ball launched in and 21 seconds after the free kick was taken it was a goal. Definitely wasn’t directly from the free kick but it had a massive part to play. Draw was probably fair anyway however.

Is Vaughan suspended for next week then?

13 hours ago, Shawheadrover said:

Nice pub in Kirkcaldy, although it took us ages to find it! Very friendly: much like Big Owen's in Coatbridge. Good photos of Raith teams. I will miss the matches v Raith: very good friendly chat home and away.

pretty gutted after that yesterday. We played a decent game - draw would have been a fair result imo . Highlights miss Troutens glorious chance in the first half...

Raith first chance on target in the second half was 83rd min... we just couldn't boot the ball out when required ! 

Forgot how crazy that stand / corner stand is at Raith - any reason why It wasn't built traditionally along side of pitch ? 

... and ShawheadRover who's saying we wont meet each other next season ? 

1 hour ago, teekasule said:

pretty gutted after that yesterday. We played a decent game - draw would have been a fair result imo . Highlights miss Troutens glorious chance in the first half...

Raith first chance on target in the second half was 83rd min... we just couldn't boot the ball out when required ! 

Forgot how crazy that stand / corner stand is at Raith - any reason why It wasn't built traditionally along side of pitch ? 

... and ShawheadRover who's saying we wont meet each other next season ? 

Yeah well, you never know!!!

Spence should’ve stayed on yesterday, very harsh on him being replaced by Willis, which was like for like anyway, terrible from Barry, that change should’ve been for Matthews. Good to see Zanatta back in too.
Personally I think a stint next week on the side for Vaughan will do him good.

Spence should’ve stayed on yesterday, very harsh on him being replaced by Willis, which was like for like anyway, terrible from Barry, that change should’ve been for Matthews. Good to see Zanatta back in too.
Personally I think a stint next week on the side for Vaughan will do him good.

Willis created several chances and can actually jump to win a header. Spence deserved his start and did OK but seemed to be back defending an awful lot at times.

If Smith made his subs earlier I think we would have been in a better position going into the last ten minutes. Robbo was fucked from 60+ Matthews wasn't really doing enough for me so I would have made those subs earlier and had someone attack the lb who was quite dodgy defensively.

Archived