Wasn't there today but I suppose it's good to take it another week at least. I'd forgotten all about Zanatta , good to see him coming off the bench and getting a goal. Trying to be positive but I just can't see Ayr throwing it away now.  Today was the one and they passed with flying (just about) colours. Continues to build momentum towards the play offs if nothing else. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Wasn't there today but I suppose it's good to take it another week at least. I'd forgotten all about Zanatta , good to see him coming off the bench and getting a goal. Trying to be positive but I just can't see Ayr throwing it away now. Today was the one and they passed with flying (just about) colours. Continues to build momentum towards the play offs if nothing else. 

Today was never going to be that day regardless of his late they left it. I'm surprised it was as close as that against that awful East Fife side.

if Ayr drop points it's going to be away to Airdrie and Alloa. Big if though.

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Today was never going to be that day regardless of his late they left it. I'm surprised it was as close as that against that awful East Fife side.

Poor wording on my part. I never expected Ayr to drop points today either, and would agree that the two games you mention are the two toughest in their run in. More getting at being 2-1 down away from home with 18 minutes to go and winning 3-2 is a big kick in the optimism stones.

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Poor wording on my part. I never expected Ayr to drop points today either, and would agree that the two games you mention are the two toughest in their run in. More getting at being 2-1 down away from home with 18 minutes to go and winning 3-2 is a big kick in the optimism stones.

Agree to an extent, but being 0-0 with 85 minutes gone and Ayr just gone 3-2 up was worse. 

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The big kick in the optimism stones was the way we played today. Truly awful for almost the whole 90 minutes.

I liked the way Albion Rovers set up to play against us, closing us down very quickly, keeping possession and playing the ball on the deck. Their midfield got to see a lot of the ball.

We, on the other hand, resorted to that awful long, high ball stuff that Smith says he doesn't want us playing.

Truly awful, awful football.

It’s a game of fine margins and the referees decisions are a massive influence on things.If you think of the penalty Raith conceded against Arbroath ,and the very dubious penalty Ayr got today that is a 4 point swing all hinging on refs calls.

Just now, fifer67 said:

It’s a game of fine margins and the referees decisions are a massive influence on things.If you think of the penalty Raith conceded against Arbroath ,and the very dubious penalty Ayr got today that is a 4 point swing all hinging on refs calls.

Sure I read about Ayr getting a very dubious free kick from which they scored very late on up at Arbroath midweek a few weeks ago, too. That being said, if we don't win the league it won't be down to bad refereeing decisions - purely our own inability to deal with the pressure of being top.

Truly awful, awful football.

No the only awful thing is we have a manager that hasn’t a fucking scooby on how to change things. And “football” players that want to pick fights with the fans for their own shit performances, that’s the difference between us and Ayr

Sure I read about Ayr getting a very dubious free kick from which they scored very late on up at Arbroath midweek a few weeks ago, too. That being said, if we don't win the league it won't be down to bad refereeing decisions - purely our own inability to deal with the pressure of being top.

We didn’t score from that tbf, went through several phases of play before we scored. I have no idea if it was dubious though.

It’s a game of fine margins and the referees decisions are a massive influence on things.If you think of the penalty Raith conceded against Arbroath ,that is a 4 point swing all hinging on refs calls.

It was a clear penalty for ayr today. Watch at midnight!

First 15/20 mins I thought we looked quite decent then we succumbed to a performance worse than Tuesday night which I thought would have been impossible. A wins a win though.

Eh?? We were vile from the whistle. Didn’t create anything until right before HT and still it was nothing.
We were shocking today, and very lucky. Important to win non the less to keep it going.

4 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Don’t blame us for your failure to beat forfar and Albion rovers twice each away from home,hav to laugh,you’s can’t beat the lower teams but yr wantin to play livi,pars an Dundee Utd next season wi Barry smith-cant wait 

Archived