The beginning of the end of Junior Football

Dreghorn

1 hour ago, Dunc an disorderly said:

I can see a return to the old Fife and Tayside league.

10 minutes ago, santheman said:

And possibly the old Ayrshire and Lanarkshire Leagues for the smaller clubs at least 

As it should be - leagues should get more and more localised the lower down the pyramid you go, in order to allow smaller clubs to live within their means.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All these imaginary social clubs I've been imagining myself drinking in at Whitehill, Spartans, Gala, Hawick, Strollers, Dalbeattie, Selkirk, Gretna, Edu, and higher up at Peterheid, Stirling, Annan...

This really is the beginning of the end for me.
Really enjoyed my time playing in the juniors as a young guy. Enjoy going to watch the games still - mainly of my former clubs. If the pyramid system goes ahead (which now looks likely) i'll not be back. It's not bitterness in any way. it just won't be the same. 

Bye then.

9 hours ago, Wicked Delivery said:

Really enjoyed my time playing in the juniors as a young guy. Enjoy going to watch the games still - mainly of my former clubs. If the pyramid system goes ahead (which now looks likely) i'll not be back. It's not bitterness in any way. it just won't be the same. 

Enjoy shopping.

So you wouldn't watch your previous clubs because they aren't junior? :lol:

That is unbelievably pathetic.

I don't get some of these junior thickos. Football is football, junior or senior its still a game of football.

“Juniors thickos” - great patter, totally original etc. Pie and Bovril is such a dump at times, you’ll still get green dots though...

14 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

So you wouldn't watch your previous clubs because they aren't junior? :lol:

That is unbelievably pathetic.

I have to agree - claiming to support an arbitrary grade of football that in many cases is an accident of history seems bizarre. I doubt when they got relegated any East Stirling fans ditched them claiming they only support SPFL football. 

I don't know of any other grade of football that has a subset of fans - however small - who have intellectualised "their" brand into something ineffably distinct from the rest of the sport. It IS just football.

1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

At least you're not bothered by it m8.

I doubt anyone's genuinely bothered by you above the level of a fly buzzing around them - more slightly irritated to the point eventually you'll swat it. Don't try so hard to be box office when all you are is a Hallmark original.

15 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

I don't get some of these junior thickos. Football is football, junior or senior its still a game of football.

You can always feck off back to the League 2 forum. It's a better class of thicko on there.

The pyramid is here to stay like it or not.

You either join it or stay in a local league or the west premier league where AT, GA and CJ play each other 10 times a season.

The better junior clubs will gravitate towards the top non league division and will have opportunities to meet their rivals.

I have supported junior football for almost 60 years and regard the league format as dead.  Time to move on to new challenges for all.

49 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

The main thing that bugs me about about all the talk of the pyramid is,
It's a feckin TRIANGLE!

Bad me. OCD rules.

It's not actually, as there could be more than two leagues feeding into the league above it. ;)

Archived