Peterhead Vs Clyde

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I believed in God, then I would have someone to pray to for divine intervention for this match. I can only be pessimistic as I fear McInally will stick with McAllister, leave Scott Brown on the bench again and rely on Gibson to command the midfield. Now I'll be labelled a heretic!!

This is it for me: win this, and we've got a play-off spot.

Unfortunately, for a number of reasons, it's a much harder match than we've had at any time in the recent past.

1. Peterhead's schedule has been less demanding than ours and the huge advantage we've been pressing in the form of our full-time players might see itself cancelled out. 
  2. They've got much more pace and movement about them than do the teams we've played lately.
  3. The venue: it's always hard to leave Balmoor with three points. The journey alone is a zapper.

On the other hand? Three 3-0 wins on the bounce. No new injury worries. Near certainty of putting out the same team; right players in right positons. If we lose, we'll have done it playing our strongest hand. And that's all we can ask for.

This is it for me: win this, and we've got a play-off spot.

Unfortunately, for a number of reasons, it's a much harder match than we've had at any time in the recent past.
  1. Peterhead's schedule has been less demanding than ours and the huge advantage we've been pressing in the form of our full-time players might see itself cancelled out. 
  2. They've got much more pace and movement about them than do the teams we've played lately.
  3. The venue: it's always hard to leave Balmoor with three points. The journey alone is a zapper.
On the other hand? Three 3-0 wins on the bounce. No new injury worries. Near certainty of putting out the same team; right players in right positons. If we lose, we'll have done it playing our strongest hand. And that's all we can ask for.

Don't really see any reason why we can't go up there with real positivity the team are flying at the moment , remember for a lot of the young guys it's like the middle of the season in terms of games played , don't buy into this heavy schedule it's not as if we have 4 thirty plus players nursing injuries. .So let the prophets of doom do there worst
I agree we will give it our best shot and that's all you can ask

2 1 or 3 1 to Clyde

Ps I would keep Gourlay in goals

For someone who has had all the positivity sucked from my football soul over the last 10 years, the last 4 months has been absolutely fantastic. Yes it will be a tough match tomorrow but this group has rehabilitated my view and see no reason why we can’t get a result. 

If Peterhead win then fair play to them as we are a very decent team now. Great thing is that this is really early days in the management team and their plans so exciting times ahead I think. totally different mind set now.

Tough one to call.

we need the likes of Gibson to find the same performance he produced against Dumbarton in Scottish cup. nobody can compete with him when on song.

If goodie takes his chances against our wobbly defence, then we will struggle to get 3 points.

a balmy 4 degrees tomorrow with a wind chill of -2...

Peterhead are best team I have seen this season . We are on top form and a totally different team from 3 months ago at that time this would have been a routine win for peterhead but not now. This is a right good team we have will be close but think we will win

2 1 or 3 1 Clyde

Guest TOPFITTER

Will the manager start Rusty, will Scott Brown boss the midfield ?? Can Karim get a Clyde player dismissed ? These questions and more like can we have a solid defence two games in a row will Big Greg be MOM ? to be answered at Balmoor tomorrow. Also how can Rory or Wullie get their MOM trophy if they are not playing?

Stay tuned to this thread for Lord Catto and Hoots Mon's analysis tomorrow.

Prediction - If Peterhead defend as per last week 2-0

If Peterhead go back to their Brazilian/Total Football defence 0-2

Having said all that, the wind and the Ref will most probably have the most influence unfortunately !!!

2 hours ago, TOPFITTER said:

Will the manager start Rusty, will Scott Brown boss the midfield ?? Can Karim get a Clyde player dismissed ? These questions and more like can we have a solid defence two games in a row will Big Greg be MOM ? to be answered at Balmoor tomorrow. Also how can Rory or Wullie get their MOM trophy if they are not playing?

Stay tuned to this thread for Lord Catto and Hoots Mon's analysis tomorrow.

Can you explain why you’ve said this please?

The Nicoll-Grant rotation continues to be interesting. Nicoll brings all the physicality in the world, adding that to a five that wouldn't otherwise have much; and which suffered that on Tuesday despite the win. On the other hand, he can take hours to get the ball out of his feet. Grant's the very opposite; his speed of thought and anticipation of what passes are on, and where to put the ball if none are, have been massive contributors to the wins we've gotten recently. Grant's a little better and keeping himself goalside of play, and of filling-up the right spaces too.

Perhaps the tightness of Balmoor, the slightly weathered pitch, and Grant's tired legs are what've drove Lennon to make the swap. It does make sense. What you worry for is how many bits of good-play Grant would set us away on, and which'd lead to goals, versus how many Nicoll will. I think it's right that only one of the two play; having both on last time slowed our play up, to my mind. I also think Nicoll might cramp McStay's style a little; both want to steam-in, take possession and drive with the ball.

Delighted McAllister's benched. Wonder why though?

Archived