• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Wishaw Secretary

Wishaw Juniors - Scottish Junior Cup Semi-finals

4/9 to scoop the p&b understatement of 2018 award.
Unless,of course,jb also tips it.
:lol:

I do try my best

Now the dust has well and truly settled after what was an epic tie (and I've finally recovered some sense of what time zone I'm in) I'd just like to extend congratulations to all at Hurlford and wish you well for the final, it will be a tall order against the mighty Talbot but as with the first ever Junior Cup run I followed Wishy in (1980 ending at Baillieston) I hope to have exited at the home of the eventual winners.

Haven't quite brought myself to watch Saturday's highlights yet, but will look back fondly on a sterling effort, well done all at Wishy in getting much further than I ever thought possible and making the Ford fight all the way to the line, Wishy have a good record on penalties so who knows what would have happened if they had conjured a 2nd goal?

Anyway, footballing life goes on fast and furious with so many league (and Central League Cup) ties to fit in, but thanks to all at the club for creating such fabulous memories. I remember one of the Hurlford fans (possibly ex-German exile?) posting that the year they won the Cup the Semi victory over Irvine Meadow was more enjoyable than the glory day of the final, similarly with Wishy's Cup run this year my favourite memory rather than the day in the sun at Hurlford was the win over Yoker on a freezing St Patrick's Day before a typically tiny junior crowd which meant that Wishy would be featuring in the finals stages of the cup (admittedly at that stage only the last eight) for the first time in my life, a small football dream come true.

Finally, sad there won't be the range of souvenirs the club were planning if they got through but, a stack of fond memories to take away, will probably be harping on about them for as many of the next 83 years as I see out! Best wishes to all concerned, proud of you, Wishy.

Great effort Wishaw -wanted you to get to the final as with Lochee but wasn’t to be!Hope it generates a real invigoration of interest in the club.

Programme from today's second leg signed by the players and coaches of both teams being auctioned on eBay.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hurlford-United-v-Wishaw-Scottish-Junior-Cup-S-F-2nd-leg-programme-signed-/142766150743?nav=SEARCH

Proceeds will be shared between both clubs.

Just looked in on the link to this eBay listing, to see it sold for the starting price of £12, both clubs have to be disappointed in that.

It went down like a lead balloon, really thought this would have had more than the one bidder. So much for supporting your club folks.

Wonder what Wishaw will do with their £6 share.

It was a good idea 'ex-german exile ' pity it didn't match the expectations.

23 minutes ago, Glens lad said:

Just looked in on the link to this eBay listing, to see it sold for the starting price of £12, both clubs have to be disappointed in that.

It went down like a lead balloon, really thought this would have had more than the one bidder. So much for supporting your club folks.

Wonder what Wishaw will do with their £6 share. emoji52.png

It was a good idea 'ex-german exile ' pity it didn't match the expectations.

Given that you thought the design of the programme was disrespectful to Wishaw in the first place, I'm amazed you are interested.

It went down like a lead balloon, but sold for 600% of the cover price.  Oops!

I wasn't having a go. I thought it was an excellent idea, Just thought it would have went higher.
And yes the design was poor in my opinion, but hey it's your team and only my observation which means sweet FA.

Given that you thought the design of the programme was disrespectful to Wishaw in the first place, I'm amazed you are interested.

Not once did I say it was disrespectful to Wishaw
I said that the programme was a poor design, that's ( if you want) disrespectful to the designer of said programme only. It doesn't in any way shape or form disrespect either club.

Only pity regarding Wishaw's history making Junior cup run was right next door with Motherwell going through a purple patch of cup finals. Having been to the Beltane for your average run of the mill league game even 10 extra people coming along would add about 33% on to the crowd. Admit i'm curious, did Wishaw make any money out of the cup run?  The gate money is after all shared with your opponents. I'm glad it happen even just for the 30 or so diehards. I'll be joining them on Saturday when Wishaw take on Lesmahagow. I'll report back crowd wise to see if there's been any bounce from the cup run.

Only pity regarding Wishaw's history making Junior cup run was right next door with Motherwell going through a purple patch of cup finals. Having been to the Beltane for your average run of the mill league game even 10 extra people coming along would add about 33% on to the crowd. Admit i'm curious, did Wishaw make any money out of the cup run?  The gate money is after all shared with your opponents. I'm glad it happen even just for the 30 or so diehards. I'll be joining them on Saturday when Wishaw take on Lesmahagow. I'll report back crowd wise to see if there's been any bounce from the cup run.
The SJFA get a share of the gate money too. 20% of the semi final gate, I believe.

59 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:
3 hours ago, Glenconner said:

The SJFA get a share of the gate money too. 20% of the semi final gate, I believe.

Someone has to keep big Tompf in Bourbon biscuits.