Wishaw Juniors - Scottish Junior Cup Semi-finals

Wishaw Secretary

Programme from today's second leg signed by the players and coaches of both teams being auctioned on eBay.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hurlford-United-v-Wishaw-Scottish-Junior-Cup-S-F-2nd-leg-programme-signed-/142766150743?nav=SEARCH

Proceeds will be shared between both clubs.

Just looked in on the link to this eBay listing, to see it sold for the starting price of £12, both clubs have to be disappointed in that.

It went down like a lead balloon, really thought this would have had more than the one bidder. So much for supporting your club folks.

Wonder what Wishaw will do with their £6 share. [emoji52]

It was a good idea 'ex-german exile ' pity it didn't match the expectations.

23 minutes ago, Glens lad said:

Just looked in on the link to this eBay listing, to see it sold for the starting price of £12, both clubs have to be disappointed in that.

It went down like a lead balloon, really thought this would have had more than the one bidder. So much for supporting your club folks.

Wonder what Wishaw will do with their £6 share. emoji52.png

It was a good idea 'ex-german exile ' pity it didn't match the expectations.

Given that you thought the design of the programme was disrespectful to Wishaw in the first place, I'm amazed you are interested.

It went down like a lead balloon, but sold for 600% of the cover price.  Oops!

Given that you thought the design of the programme was disrespectful to Wishaw in the first place, I'm amazed you are interested.

Not once did I say it was disrespectful to Wishaw [emoji35]
I said that the programme was a poor design, that's ( if you want) disrespectful to the designer of said programme only. It doesn't in any way shape or form disrespect either club.

Only pity regarding Wishaw's history making Junior cup run was right next door with Motherwell going through a purple patch of cup finals. Having been to the Beltane for your average run of the mill league game even 10 extra people coming along would add about 33% on to the crowd. Admit i'm curious, did Wishaw make any money out of the cup run?  The gate money is after all shared with your opponents. I'm glad it happen even just for the 30 or so diehards. I'll be joining them on Saturday when Wishaw take on Lesmahagow. I'll report back crowd wise to see if there's been any bounce from the cup run.

Only pity regarding Wishaw's history making Junior cup run was right next door with Motherwell going through a purple patch of cup finals. Having been to the Beltane for your average run of the mill league game even 10 extra people coming along would add about 33% on to the crowd. Admit i'm curious, did Wishaw make any money out of the cup run?  The gate money is after all shared with your opponents. I'm glad it happen even just for the 30 or so diehards. I'll be joining them on Saturday when Wishaw take on Lesmahagow. I'll report back crowd wise to see if there's been any bounce from the cup run.
The SJFA get a share of the gate money too. 20% of the semi final gate, I believe.

• 1 year later...

I saw news of the vandalism and fire on Facebook earlier today. I honestly can't understand what satisfaction that would have given to anyone. 

I know a few of the guys on the Wishaw Juniors committee through past dealings with them. I didn't always see eye to eye with them but their passion for the town, the club and for football was never in question. They worked hard to turn the Beltane from a substandard public football pitch used mostly by dog walkers, into a decent quality surface for football and although the park was a Portacabin city for years they always had plans for a building that could be added to as they continued to make progress. 

I'm genuinely gutted for them that they've had such a setback.