St Mirren vs Dumbarton - 19:45 - 27th March

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think it'll be a nervy one tonight and end 1-0 - just not sure who to. Hopefully we have more success at breaking down Dumbarton than we did in the last home game against them. I see from the papers Tom Walsh is out so that's a positive as he was probably Dumbarton's best player in that win (not just because he scored).

Had forgotten until reading the previews that after we lost the Diddy Cup Final last season we promptly bodied Ayr United and were 4-0 up after about half an hour. Not saying we'll be the victims of that but shows we can't assume Dumbarton's heads will be down just because they lost.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I couldn’t give a flying F what results suit Dumbarton or ICT. I wouldn’t expect their fans to give two hoots about St Mirren either.

Spot on - Dumbarton do well enough on their own each season without anyone else's help. I think we'll win comfortably tonight and take another step towards the title.

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

Think it'll be a nervy one tonight and end 1-0 - just not sure who to. Hopefully we have more success at breaking down Dumbarton than we did in the last home game against them. I see from the papers Tom Walsh is out so that's a positive as he was probably Dumbarton's best player in that win (not just because he scored).

Had forgotten until reading the previews that after we lost the Diddy Cup Final last season we promptly bodied Ayr United and were 4-0 up after about half an hour. Not saying we'll be the victims of that but shows we can't assume Dumbarton's heads will be down just because they lost.

To be honest Tom's done little since that day. Injury, being moved out wide (Y Stevie?) and a simple loss of form have all contributed to that, so I wouldn't have started him tonight anyway.

Our front three should be Stirling/Froxylias/Burt and Stewart. Unfortunately, aside from a really decent 60 minutes against Morton, Stevie doesn't seem to fancy that. I suspect both Danny Handling and Kevin Nisbet will start, which isn't really ideal.

Personally I'd like to see us go with: 

Scott Gallacher

David Smith Andy Dowie Craig Barr Chris McLaughlin

Stuart Carswell Xabi Alonso Kyle Hutton

Liam Burt Dimitris Froxylias Andy Stirling

Mark Stewart

I'd be very surprised if we did though. Not sure Boomer, Froxy, Burt or Stewart are fully-fit yet either - so a start against the best side in the league might be too much of an ask a few days after a cup final.

Team:

Scott Gallacher

David Smith Andy Dowie Craig Barr Liam Dick

Kyle Hutton Stuart Carswell

Liam Burt Dimitris Froxylias Andy Stirling

Kevin Nisbet

Pleasing to see the first choice attacking midfield three in position. Less pleasing to see Boomer and Mark Stewart on the bench.

HT 2-0

Comfortable stuff really. Thought we’ve looked really good going forward, could have had a couple more. Open goal missed there just at half time by Smith I think.

Our first goal by Morgan was a thing of beauty, superb build up and a delicious curling finish by the best player in the league.

Samson pulled off a fantastic save just after our second, some boy.

2-0 going on about 4 or 5-1 (Samson's save can't possibly have been as good as it looked?!)

Stirling in the middle with Froxy wide makes no sense. Dowie aside the defence are in disarray. Mango seems to be playing at LB, Dick appears to be spending his evening on the halfway line, and David Smith against Lewis Morgan is pretty much going as expected.

Kyle Hutton is having one of his horrific days as well. Which isn't ideal.

Archived