St Mirren vs Dumbarton - 19:45 - 27th March

Who to play? No idea. Should Ross mix things up knowing we have a game (away in the Highlands) on Saturday? No idea. What will the game be like? No idea.

So other than this blinding piece of insight, all I'll add is that Dumbarton looked rotten in the final - although finals can do that to a team and it's not like Inverness were much better - but they did look fairly solid. We've struggled in the past with this sort of game. I'd like a win, but a draw wouldn't be dreadful. Hell, even a loss at this stage while disappointing psychologically wouldn't really change anything in the league.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Couple the facts that I suspect heads will still be down after the final and no striker, this is only going to end one way I fear. The players were out on their feet on Saturday.

Hopefully, that means that we won't  have the usual struggle to get points from you.

In one sense I'm glad we have a match so soon after the cup final. Something else to focus on. On the other hand you couldn't have picked a worse team/venue to face when the heads are down.

Stevie should, and will, make changes to the starting 11. Stirling and Nisbet will definitely start but I expect further changes.

If St.Mirren score early it could be a long and uncomfortable evening...

11 points needed to confirm the title is all the incentive our players will need to go out and win this game the light at the end of the tunnel is so bright our players have their Raybans on.  Dont expect us to drop any points until the line is crossed depending how other results go that will either be at Brechin or Dundee United happy days :thumsup2

I would hope our team aren't too down. Saturday was a sickener but with a patch-work team I would hope the message gets through that they should be proud. Stevie doesn't strike me as the type of guy to stay down about results and hopefully with some fresher legs coming into the team we won't be as dire as some are expecting. The lack of a fit/good striker is definitely an issue though. 

18 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I would hope our team aren't too down. Saturday was a sickener but with a patch-work team I would hope the message gets through that they should be proud. Stevie doesn't strike me as the type of guy to stay down about results and hopefully with some fresher legs coming into the team we won't be as dire as some are expecting. The lack of a fit/good striker is definitely an issue though. 

Agree, and there was one compelling thing about the Final for me that should hopefully galvanise us; on the day ICT looked a very ordinary outfit and if we can stay in touch over the next two games then we still have to play them twice - if I was SA I'd be hammering home this message.

Harry Davis to come back into the  starting eleven and probably another start for Danny Mullen.

I want the 3 points and revenge for that truly awful performance when we lost to Dumbarton the last time in Paisley. Hopefully we continue to be ruthless and relentless as we march towards the title.

Couple the facts that I suspect heads will still be down after the final and no striker, this is only going to end one way I fear. The players were out on their feet on Saturday.
You mean like our heads were down after losing the 2010 final and we struggled to take just the 4(FOUR) goal off Celtic[emoji12]

Looking forward to tomorrow feels like forever since we played,  But results have been going our way and taking our end target down.  Dumbarton seem to always be a nightmare for us.  at this stage of the season 1-0 to us will do.  Sons will be looking for a reaction from saturday losing a last min goal in a final gutting.  But who know's how they'll react as above we lost to 9 men a few days later pumped celtic

44 minutes ago, BIG BEN said:

You mean like our heads were down after losing the 2010 final and we struggled to take just the 4(FOUR) goal off Celticemoji12.png

We're not as greedy as you lot though, it'll just be the 3 we take off you tomorrow...

Just now, BIG BEN said:
2 hours ago, The Moonster said:
We're not as greedy as you lot though, it'll just be the 3 we take off you tomorrow...

Is that goals, shot or ventures into our half?

I think it's glorious chances missed.

I don't want to speak for The Moonster though.

Really tough game I'm expecting. Will be delighted just to get any sort of win.

I like Dumbarton but from a personal point of view I'm hoping this is the last time I see Hutton and Carswell in the flesh. 

Sons the last team to score in Paisley on league business, way back on December 2nd, and the only team to have won a Championship meeting on our patch since the end of January 2017.

I hope that defeat is still fresh in the memory of our lads and we finally give the Sons a good old fashioned tonking.

I suspect however it will most likely be fairly grim and we will win 1-0.

Still I'd take that right now if offered!

Saints have a completely full squad to choose from, other than the 130 players we currently have out on loan.

Archived