The Duel for the Crown

My take on the game. Lothian were well organised and had a fantastic keeper and right back. Their overall strength was at the back so I can see how they have nicked all those games against kelty.

They lacked any potent threat up front and apart from the pen when the defender fell on his arse, rarely tested the kelty goal.

Kelty were a really good unit with some real flashes of class. The talking and communication throughout the team is second to none.

The park plays as good as any perfect grass pitch in my opinion.

Only criticism of the facilities is it really needs better parking. All that grass just outside the park and presumably can't be used. Opening a second turnstile earlier would have been usefully as well. Otherwise a great day in the sun.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

All over? Chances of Kelty beating Threave over two legs?

Should be good as Threave may not actually want promotion, but Kelty managed to lose a cup tie against them earlier this season, so I seriously doubt that they will be complacent about it in any way.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Thought Lothian started brighter for first fifteen - balls in and around box for both sides. Evened out then kelty looked more likely before getting two quick goals.

Goal before halftime made me think we’d be in for a great second half but kelty controlled it without being overly dominant and Lothian huffed and puffed.

The players that usually make the difference for Lothian looked spent today with two of them ( Swanson and hare) having to be subbed earlier than you’d expect

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Money shines through in the end..!!

Well done Kelty

Well organised and fantastic community set up shines through if truth be told , the commitment from voulanteers and sponsors is second to none 

Good game today and having taken in last two games Kelty are worthy champions. Hutchie will be back again next year as ever.

Assuming they beat Threave, Kelty will be one of the favourites for the LL along with Spartans, maybe East Stirlingshire too, and dare I say it - Cowdenbeath. 

Much to look forward to next year already! 

Edited by Bundesliga Boy

I'm just back home. That was a great day out. I got there well before kick off and went to the social club for a drink, where I also spoke to some people. All really friendly people there imo.  There was a great attendance and atmosphere. The game was tense, but the best team won. Congratulations Kelty and good luck against Threave.