The Duel for the Crown

1 hour ago, skynews said:

Friendlies are not the same as a competitive match. Kelty have pumped the baw aw season. You have all those quality players and all you do is play long balls, it will catch up with you. Find a plan B. It's terrible and won't cut it in the lowland league.  No, am not from Lothian, am a neutral.  I watched the game last sat, Lothian only team that looked to pass the ball. Kelty lump, lump and lump. Baw still recovering at A and E.

Good luck vs threave. I want Kelty to win.

Best way to beat Lothian was to give them the ball cause they do hee haw with it  , you must’ve had blinkers on as kelty tore them a new arse in first half and should’ve been 4 up , then went into Lothian mode and sat back to defend lead as Lothian do quite well might I add 

8 hours ago, skynews said:

Lothian, the better " footballing " on the day. Kelty deserved the win, playing to their strengths of long balls, pick up seconds. They will get found in lowland league. Lothian better suited to lowland league football.

Did you go to a different game than me last weekend? There is absolutely no way LTHV were the better footballing side on the day.

To suggest Kelty will get found out in the LL is preposterous! Kelty, Spartans, and Cowdenbeath - if they come down, will be among the favourites to win the league! East Stirlingshire and BSC will be there or thereabouts too.

I’d have liked Hutchie to pull the upset and go up but the truth is they were thoroughly outplayed over both legs. Yes, that may be partly due to the extra midweek games which can’t have helped, but as someone alluded to previously, even earlier in the season, Kelty’s victories were far more convincing against the other sides.

2 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Best way to beat Lothian was to give them the ball cause they do hee haw with it  

Took you 4 games to realise that :P

mon the kelty today, not that I love or support  you, I just couldn’t watch another  double figure tanking next season 

• 3 years later...

Bump.

Given their promotion from LL into SPFL2 today... interesting to look back 3yrs to when Kelty narrowly won EOSL at first attempt.

They entered last day 1pt behind LTHV, having lost 1-0 at Saughton the week before... but won return 3-1 in a last-day-decider in Fife, before obliterating Threave in playoff.

K1.JPG.7302c80bc6bd8cf93aaeafe0d171a23c.JPG

K2.JPG.c4014d7ccf5de6a89ac6add3dd2b4381.JPG

They'd already lost at home v LTHV in that season's Scottish Cup, and 2yrs before away, and away in that season's League Cup, without ever even scoring; and lost at home v Threave in that season's South Challenge Cup.

Fine margins. How different it all might've been.

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Not just for them - Kelty would be fighting for Conference B the following season with Bonnyrigg.

Yup, it could well have been Bonnyrigg going up today.

Though at various points on the title decider day in the EoS Premier each of Bonnyrigg, Broxburn and Penicuik were winning the league. Broxburn could have got licensed in time, not sure if Penicuik could have. 

On such little twists of fate. Mind you, if they'd been in it I think Kelty would probably have won it anyway.

Edited by GordonS

11 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Yup, it could well have been Bonnyrigg going up today.

Though at various points on the title decider day in the EoS Premier each of Bonnyrigg, Broxburn and Penicuik were winning the league. Broxburn could have got licensed in time, not sure if Penicuik could have. 

Might've allowed EK to stay on top of the LL for another season.

Broxburn and Penicuik got their licence at the same time as Bonnyrigg were rejected due to no lights so could've gone up as well.