Club or Country?

Club or Country - Which do you prefer?  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I'll let you off as I already know you're a weirdo :lol:

As are most Saints fans I suppose. I can still remember the day this dawned on me too, early 90s,  left the fitba after about 15 mins due to a really strong purple ohm, went to the 208 and sat it out watching teletext results coming in on a pishy wee screen, left there to meet our mates coming out the ground at the end..... Jesus Christ what an ugly 3 legged deformed bunch came out of McDiarmid that day. Fucking enlightening so it was.

I remember those purple ohms. Had a bad trip on one in Roxannes one night on one!

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Club all day long .wouldn't watch scotland if they were playing out my back door .

If they were playing in the streets I’d support them from the pavements.

Oh no wait that’s Sevco.

When England equalised at Hampden I was gutted for about an hour and then a wee bit annoyed whenever I remembered over the next 24 hours or so.

Kilmarnock’s defeat to Aberdeen 10 days ago still hurts as I type this. You are born wherever you are born but your club was a choice.

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

So I presume Matt Phillips was born in England, spent his whole youth in England, played for two different age groups for England and has only ever played in England but held a strong desire to actually play for Scotland the whole time because of his granny?

No he wants to play international football as it's the pinnacle of the game.  Playing for Scotland is not going to enhance his profile very much.

2 hours ago, Tartantony said:

Well perhaps you could've just made the point without the condescending attitude.

Anyway, while your point stands, anomalies like Man City doesn't make club football in Scotland a free for all either. As I said, he makes a very tiny point in International football being purer as you put it but Germany (the World Cup holders) using numerous foreigners does dilute his point. You see what I did there, I took away negate for dilute, I hope this satisfies you.

Of course football I'm Scotland is 100% a meaningless empty free for all every bit as much as man city all club football is, they just have less money. 

And those German players have to be eligible for Germany.  Nobody has to be eligible for Patrick thistle and every single player at thistle or Falkirk or Dunfermline is simply there cause they offered more money than anybody else did.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Started losing interest in Scotland as soon as we employed a German manager then completely lost interest when we started giving caps to players who had never set foot in Scotland in their life.  

I've recently booked up to fly home for 3 weeks in August and hoped to catch at least 3 Dundee games only to realise there's a stupid fucking international break on the last weekend of my stay. Beyond seething. 

I suppose eh, cause Dundee only play players from Dundee don't they

36 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

When England equalised at Hampden I was gutted for about an hour and then a wee bit annoyed whenever I remembered over the next 24 hours or so.

Kilmarnock’s defeat to Aberdeen 10 days ago still hurts as I type this. You are born wherever you are born but your club was a choice.

That's pish though isn't it, as your club depends on where you're from too, also a complete accident you have no input into, and it depends on what was ingrained in you as a kid.

I like football first, I find it a bit weird to hear football fans on here say they don't like football.  As the guy above says that instantly makes me suspicious, how could you not like football that's fkn weird.  Though if your main experience of it is watching fkn Kilmarnock it makes a bit more sense.

Just now, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I don't know about anybody else but for a number of years now I have enjoyed watching Scotland Rugby internationals more than Football internationals 

Yeah totally man.  Fkn weirdo.

Haven't watched a second of rugby for fkn years as it's a shite sport for total fannies.

That's pish though isn't it, as your club depends on where you're from too, also a complete accident you have no input into, and it depends on what was ingrained in you as a kid.

I like football first, I find it a bit weird to hear football fans on here say they don't like football.  As the guy above says that instantly makes me suspicious, how could you not like football that's fkn weird.  Though if your main experience of it is watching fkn Kilmarnock it makes a bit more sense.

IMG_2342.jpg

I've found that the older I get the less patriotic I become. Scotland just happens to be the place where I was born and that it doesn't define me as a person. Don't get me wrong, there are aspects of Scotland/Scottishness that make me proud to originate from there but there are aspects that equally make me embarrassed. 

I tend to define people in the Arsehole - Non Arsehole category......:offtopic

Anyway, I can handle the National team being shite but Scotland and the SFA can GTF until they put their house in order as far as I'm concerned. 

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

The Scottish cup isn't a major trophy

Wasn't the Scottish cup it was the league cup which is a major domestic cup competition, which totally negates your argument when you say why anyone could favour a club side who don't win major trophys over Scotland, unless my memory has failed me completely can you remind me which major tournament the Scottish national side has won ?

4 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Wasn't the Scottish cup it was the league cup which is a major domestic cup competition, which totally negates your argument when you say why anyone could favour a club side who don't win major trophys over Scotland, unless my memory has failed me completely can you remind me which major tournament the Scottish national side has won ?

The British Championship prior to the formation of FIFA or UEFA at a push perhaps.....

2 minutes ago, sjc said:

The British Championship prior to the formation of FIFA or UEFA at a push perhaps.....

Was that the tournament commonly known as the ( let's raise some revenue for the 4 home national football bodies by staging a meaningless restricted competition )  ?

44 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Was that the tournament commonly known as the ( let's raise some revenue for the 4 home national football bodies by staging a meaningless restricted competition )  ?

I think it was possibly the only International competition prior to 1930.....Barring maybe the Olympics but given their stance on "professionalism" until relatively recently I'd probably discount that.

Archived