The Exciting Race for the Premiership Playoffs

Playoff poll  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will be playing in the final in May?

2. 2. Will the Championship team win the final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/03/18 at 14:00

We're resting up players just now too though so we should be physically well prepared for our 2 semi final games. Mental toughness is different though but our players and manager have held up well on that score up till now, they always bounced back from a defeat and held their nerve when Utd had a wee run putting pressure on us.

Last season Utd had the Challenge cup games too and seemed to burn out by the time they reached the final game against Accies, if we make it that far I think we'll be fine. Absolutely no pressure on them having already exceeded everyone expectation.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tiredness will play a factor, that's why it's vitally important to finish second as opposed 3rd or 4th.  Even at that, the year we got to the final after finishing 2nd we were knackered at Killie,  and I would also say very tired in the home leg which we somehow managed to win. 

On 25/03/2018 at 10:27, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I am aware of that but I feel it would devalue the poll to indulge in fantasy and include ICT and Falkirk.

lol

On 25/03/2018 at 10:29, virginton said:

Morton don't actually play Dunfermline again, having already racked up eight points from them in the league. Looks like you'll need another straw to clutch at then to avoid your inevitable 6th place finish. 

1502716626880.jpg.cbaca9977e9c219de764bcdd764e1466.jpg

lol

On 31/03/2018 at 18:32, bridge of allan bairn said:

I'm still keeping my rose tinted optimistic glasses on. in the past 6 games we've caught up 8 points on United and Morton. 7 on queens and 3 on the pars and we top the form league table. next two games against queens and pars are massive. win both and we are right in it.

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Everyone who predicted Livingston to win the playoffs in the poll were entered into a prize draw to become the next Greenock Morton manager.

Congratulations @Young gun 

If Young gun is too busy I’d be happy to step in, though I’m on the Dundee Utd managerial rota for October to Mid-November.

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

This could work.

We’ll get you a proper keeper, an actual centre half, a striker who is not a bellend and the 50/50 half time draw winner gets to boot Jackie Macnamara in the baws.

MUGA! MUGA!

On 5/20/2018 at 18:25, Dunning1874 said:

So we have two trips to Inverness, Dingwall, Dumfries, Ayr, Dundee and Glasgow next season? No trip to Livingston which means the ground furthest from a pub is Falkirk?

IMG-20180127-WA0003.jpg.a65372d3c798c6d652f28ea4fba7157b.jpg

We've got a pub in the South Stand...probably less than a minutes walk from the away end

H2H :thumsup2

DLYw1arWsAARYye.jpg

DLiHTUcWAAEDlih.jpg

5b0492c1e0e5d_ScreenShot2018-05-22at22_48_36.thumb.png.e774b861cc693966232929d79478a800.png

I didn't even try that bar this season having been knocked back it from the previous season, being told it was home fans only. I accept that may have had something to do with me being a reprobate whose face stewards didn't like rather than away fans actually not being allowed. 

Archived