The Exciting Race for the Premiership Playoffs

Playoff poll  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will be playing in the final in May?

2. 2. Will the Championship team win the final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/03/18 at 14:00

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Scosha said:

You were spot on about St Mirren surviving last season and winning the league this season, fingers crossed :lol: 

Why would you want to get promoted only to be refused entry to the top league because your stadium is a dangerous embarrassment? :whistle

2 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Why would you want to get promoted only to be refused entry to the top league because your stadium is a dangerous embarrassment? :whistle

There’s absolutely no chance of us being rejected entry to the Premiership as Cappielow would pass any test required under the new rules. 

It won’t be something we’ll need to worry about anyway. 

1 minute ago, Scosha said:

There’s absolutely no chance of us being rejected entry to the Premiership as Cappielow would pass any test required under the new rules. 

It won’t be something we’ll need to worry about anyway. 

You played that with far too straight a bat... :(

It should clearly be a 11th v 2nd. 
Finishing 4th in a 10 team league is fucking mid table ffs. 

We have a division in which all but one side has something left to aim for and you propose we bring it back towards loads of meaningless games again?

For me the best system would be 11th v 4th, 2nd v 3rd then a one-off final on a neutral ground.

I’d go 11th v 4th over two games, winner then plays third place over two legs, with the subsequent winner playing second over two legs.

Still makes it hard for third and fourth to get promoted (as it should) but properly penalises eleventh..

11 minutes ago, Millions said:

No way the top league sees 3 teams potentially down, and rightly so

Why rightly so ? There are teams that have been stinking the top flight out for years and should'nt have all the protection going make it fair and get them doon.

6 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

That'll do for me. Hoping to see Morton get ridden rotten again. 

I think we’ll let you down. Heavy defeats haven’t been our thing this season. You can enjoy our agonising loss by the odd goal in 3 instead.

6 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Livingston

Yes

It should be second playing off against eleventh in the top flight. The team in second have already demonstrated over a season that they are better than the teams in third and fourth.

Absolutely this.

11th v 2nd.  One off game neutral venue.  Anything else is bullshit.

I wouldn't say we're a certainty for these play-offs just yet, but we're nearly there. I think another four wins from our remaining seven should give us 2nd - anything less than 2nd and I'd say our chances of going up diminish fairly significantly. I think this year in particular the PO QF will be a war of attrition almost, I wouldn't say there's an outstanding team which could dish out a pumping.

All a moot point really as sadly, the reality is that none of the sides potentially involved really have a good chance of going up. Hamilton's promotion will probably seem an anomaly in years to come given how well they were playing beforehand, as well as Hibs' ripeness for comical implosion.

If we can I don't think we have anything to fear from the other sides. We are capable of beating or losing to any of them. Same situation for all the teams. We really should be at least third and it shows how well Livvy and Morton are run that they are ahead of us.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

If we can I don't think we have anything to fear from the other sides. We are capable of beating or losing to any of them. Same situation for all the teams. We really should be at least third and it shows how well Livvy and Morton are run that they are ahead of us.

Four of our last six games are against Dundee United, Livingston, QOTS and St. Mirren. If we get through these games relatively unscathed, we will be looking good.

1 minute ago, IainMorton said:

Four of our last six games are against Dundee United, Livingston, QOTS and St. Mirren. If we get through these games relatively unscathed, we will be looking good.

We have Dumbarton and Brechin at home, arguably the best run in. Falkirk away and ict away.

If we, big if, beat QOTS, Livvy and draw with Falkirk I reckon we will be back in the top four with ICT away then Dumbarton and Brechin at home.

Heart says win 5/6. Head says draw 3/6 and win 1/6, lose 1/6.

We aren't good enough for the SPL anyway.

Archived