The Exciting Race for the Premiership Playoffs

Playoff poll  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will be playing in the final in May?

2. 2. Will the Championship team win the final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/03/18 at 14:00

With the Maureens having sewn up the title and just over a month left of the regular season, 5 teams are competing  for 3 playoff spots and a shot at promotion. The excitement is building!

Morton, Dunfermline and QoS have six games to play, Livi have seven and United nine.

How many wins/points from the remaining matches do you reckon your team will need to secure a place? Which side is best equipped to beat Premiership opposition over 2 legs?

Current standings:

Livi 52

Morton 46

United 45

Dunfermline 43

QoS 42

Would you amend the playoffs in any way? Should teams finishing 3rd and 4th in a 10 team league be given a chance of promotion?

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why a gormless, midtable rabble like Dundee United are being included in this discussion tbh. 

We'll be effortlessly swording Dundee on their horrible midden in the final. 

1502700351618.jpg.b91487bc89f67c5afe74c95a79f6209a.jpg

I think United need 10 points from our remaining 9 games to at least finish 4th, with Morton, Dunfermline and QoS all playing each other in their remaining 6 matches and taking points off each other. I'm not sure if Csaba can mastermind this points return.

Livi for me are the best equipped to shitfest their way to a win in the final.

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Actually, whilst unlikely, both ICT and Falkirk ARE still in contention.

If ICT were to win the four games in hand on Morton they would be within 3 points of THIRD place...

Are you actually off your tits at this time in the morning?

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Actually, whilst unlikely, both ICT and Falkirk ARE still in contention.

If ICT were to win the four games in hand on Morton they would be within 3 points of THIRD place...

I am aware of that but I feel it would devalue the poll to indulge in fantasy and include ICT and Falkirk.

The odds on a top 4 finish from oddschecker:

Screenshot_20180325-102555.thumb.jpg.db4ed5410261e758202857180b944df7.jpg

16 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

with Morton, Dunfermline and QoS all playing each other in their remaining 6 matches and taking points off each other

Morton don't actually play Dunfermline again, having already racked up eight points from them in the league. Looks like you'll need another straw to clutch at then to avoid your inevitable 6th place finish. 

1502716626880.jpg.cbaca9977e9c219de764bcdd764e1466.jpg

1 minute ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I am aware of that but I feel it would devalue the poll to indulge in fantasy and include ICT and Falkirk.

Roman likes odds. Ask him how his title predictions were at the start of the season :lol:

Interesting. In fact even more so when you consider that Dundee United, Morton and Dunfermline all have a reputation for being bottlers...

I don’t think Falkirk have any realistic hope, but I ain’t going to give up hoping until it’s mathematically impossible.

2 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

United's "capture" of Mohsni has sealed their fate, they'll be lucky to get into the top 4 let alone get to the playoff final.

Mohsni was the best player on the park yesterday, strolled through the game despite not playing in months. Cool, calm and collected on the ball.

Mark Durnan has competition for best defender in the league now!

12 minutes ago, virginton said:

Morton don't actually play Dunfermline again, having already racked up eight points from them in the league. Looks like you'll need another straw to clutch at then to avoid your inevitable 6th place finish. 

1502716626880.jpg.cbaca9977e9c219de764bcdd764e1466.jpg

I do apologise. Do I not even get a "thanks for playing"?

13 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Mohsni was the best player on the park yesterday, strolled through the game despite not playing in months. Cool, calm and collected on the ball.

Mark Durnan has competition for best defender in the league now!

Seriously we have all seen players have one decent game, and decent only because you expected much much worse, then decline sharply into a complete liability. Halfing players, arguing with the ref, gesturing to fans, etc. He has previous for this, and I genuinely believe that he will again and it'll cost you. Such a stupid, stupid purchase.

Archived