Dunfermline v Queens

2 hours ago, LuoAnLai said:

Seems like a general lack interest in this one.

Must win game for both teams = certainly of a 0-0 draw.

Both our clubs seasons could well be defined by this match. It's a massive game in keeping season alive. Win and you close in on utd or Morton. Lose and unlikey to recover the ground given lack of games remaining.  

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve felt for a while that our season is already over. We can never turn a game round or win it late on (not since Nicky Clark’s 30 yard bullet header down at Palmerston at the end of last season). We just don’t score enough. Since scoring two against Falkirk in the new year game we’ve not scored more than one goal in a game against a full time side. 

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I’ve felt for a while that our season is already over. We can never turn a game round or win it late on (not since Nicky Clark’s 30 yard bullet header down at Palmerston at the end of last season). We just don’t score enough. Since scoring two against Falkirk in the new year game we’ve not scored more than one goal in a game against a full time side. 

It was actually a 40 yarder, just can't remember who our keeper was.

Guest Flash

Think it is highly unlikely we’ll be finishing in the top 4 mainly due to our awful defending. We are having to score far too many goals in order to pick up points. For example, to be able to get maximum points from the last 4 games we needed to score 15 goals. 

Since the play-offs began, the highest goals against total for anybody finishing in the top 4 is 46. We are currently on 45. Suppose it could be worse because if it wasn’t for our attacking play, mainly due to Dobbie, we’d be looking at the play-offs at the other end.

24 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Is Leighfield? Likely to be in goals for this one, thought he looked very shaky at Palmerston. Would be a boost if he was. 

I would anticipate Leighfield will indeed start again. Martin is back in training but according to Gary Naysmith is a couple of weeks away from playing.

GN interview

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Is Leighfield? Likely to be in goals for this one, thought he looked very shaky at Palmerston. Would be a boost if he was. 

Leighfield pulls off some great saves during games,  a good shot stopper and quick off his line,  unfortunately like the keeper who will probably be in Pars' goals tomorrow he fails badly on lining up walls at free-kicks. A goal against either team from a free-kick at the edge of the box is a distinct possibility in this game. 

Guest Flash
3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Has played 9 full games and conceded 17 goals, including 3 direct from free-kicks - one in each of the last 3 games.

32 minutes ago, Flash said:

Has played 9 full games and conceded 17 goals, including 3 direct from free-kicks - one in each of the last 3 games.

Some of the saves he has pulled off it could of been more conceded. 

Against Livingston he is at fault for the first, let down by cameron in defence and livi player had near enough a free header by 6 yard box and I think was unlucky not to do better with the third he did manage to get a hand on it which tells me there is raw talent there. I prefer leighfield as number 1. 

31 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Some of the saves he has pulled off it could of been more conceded. 

Against Livingston he is at fault for the first, let down by cameron in defence and livi player had near enough a free header by 6 yard box and I think was unlucky not to do better with the third he did manage to get a hand on it which tells me there is raw talent there. I prefer leighfield as number 1. 

We have never really seen the best of Martin he has never really been fit this season .

Leighfeild as you would expect from a young keeper has been good and bad  will hopefully learn from his mistakes  has  to be a fit Martin as our number 1 next season .

This game will make or break our season going to be very hard  hopefully Dobbie hits form again he  did not look good against Livi .

26 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

We have never really seen the best of Martin he has never really been fit this season .

Leighfeild as you would expect from a young keeper has been good and bad  will hopefully learn from his mistakes  has  to be a fit Martin as our number 1 next season .

This game will make or break our season going to be very hard  hopefully Dobbie hits form again he  did not look good against Livi .

Maybe I am being harsh on Martin but if he wasn't fit and not 100 per cent then he shouldn't of played. Leighfield has proved that he is at least a competent goalkeeper for our level, albeit a little rough round the edges. Ie free-kicks. 

I don't' think dobbie was bad he had chances and did hit the post twice. If anything I would say livi did a decent job of keeping him quiet.  

23 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Hope Dobbie has been to Dobbies for a big breakfast before tomorrows game

Nah, think he'll skip breakfast and just have Williamson? again for lunch. :thumsup2

Archived