Dunfermline v Queens

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

As I said, he may have an axe to grind, but why do something that can result in a 2 game ban? Far more subtle ways to make a point.

We see this childish stuff from Robinson weekly, it's embarrassing.

We saw performances like today's for a couple of seasons. Nothing the guy does surprises us, including the brilliant saves, I must add.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Were there folk booing him? Pretty tragic stuff. I wanted him to fail at The Rangers but that's more to do with me not wanting that mob to do well. From thereafter I wished him well. It's his dad I have an issue with.

TBF only a handful of fans did boo but definitely a few over the course of the game.

8 minutes ago, Freddie said:

What total s@&£e, Thomson was the only queens player who tried to play football I never saw him punting it once today and was clearly queens best player today by a mile.

Thomas was poor today always tried to beat his man again and has no right foot. 

Dykes was poor

At least twice Thomson over pinged a forward pass miles beyond the intended player and threw his arms out as if to blame the player for his poor pass. But, as I said he was one of our better players.

Dykes played one of the passes of the afternoon in the second half to put Thomson through one on one with  Robinson. I am not his biggest fan but fair dos.

31 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Were there folk booing him? Pretty tragic stuff. I wanted him to fail at The Rangers but that's more to do with me not wanting that mob to do well. From thereafter I wished him well. It's his dad I have an issue with.

Yes, precisely this for me too.

Once again goals seemed to come from our defensive l/h side Brownlie and Marshall?

It was the right side of your defence that looked a lot worse to me. Aird had Mercer on toast all game, until he was subbed off. Our first and second goals, plus a good few other dangerous attacks, came through good play from Aird & Martin, on our left hand side. Williamson and Higginbotham, on our right, were terrible.

I certainly wouldn’t say the left of your defence was the weakness. You were only caught out on that side, once you were going for a goal at the end of the game. Mercer was your weakest link defensively.

7 minutes ago, NOTS said:

Did he not just happen to score 4 goals after this particular match?

Aye, last season against Dumbarton. 

It's mental the stick he was getting through the season, Clark has been very, very good for us and has scored plenty of goals, third highest scorer behind Dobbie and Morgan in the league this season, who most fans agree are playing at a level beneath them is very good going. 

I'd imagine Hawk will be missing from this thread for a bit. 

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

It was the right side of your defence that looked a lot worse to me. Aird had Mercer on toast all game, until he was subbed off. Our first and second goals, plus a good few other dangerous attacks, came through good play from Aird & Martin, on our left hand side. Williamson and Higginbotham, on our right, were terrible.

I certainly wouldn’t say the left of your defence was the weakness. You were only caught out on that side, once you were going for a goal at the end of the game. Mercer was your weakest link defensively.

This. 

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Well that was disappointing. Thought we started OK for 10 minutes without looking particularly dangerous but thereafter Dunfermline totally dominated the first half and were deservedly 2-0 at HT. Mercer had an absolutely torrid time at RB. He`s way out of his depth at this level.

Robinson made a couple of decent saves 2nd half to deny Dykes and Thomson but he really should have saved Marshall`s shot and his reaction confirmed that. Thereafter Dunfermline looked very anxious and I thought we might well get something out of it. 

Overall deserved 3 points for Dunfermline.

Nice treble for Nicky.  I still don`t understand why a few of our fans want to boo him.

Mostly this. It was a strange game. Didn't think either team was very good to be honest. If anything I thought over 90 minutes we shaded it on balance but our goalscorer was sitting in the stand and theirs was on the pitch taking his chances.

Dunfermline were the better side first half. I wouldn't say they dominated it. I thought we should have had a free kick on the edge of the box for a pull back on Thomas (would need to see it again but it looked a foul at the time) but we didn't get it and they broke upfield, Nicky drifted off a centre back as he is very good at doing and headed them in front. They got slightly lucky in the build up to the second and our defence opened up far too easily but it was a really good finish from Nicky too. From then on I'd happily have taken the half time whistle any time. Jack made a couple of good saves and whilst we had plenty of the ball and Thomson hit the bar (he was flagged offside but Todd wasn't and should just have taken the shot himself), we didn't work Robinson at all.

Second half Jack made an early block but otherwise it was all about whether Dunfermline would shoot themselves in the foot enough times to let us get something out of it. We weren't really doing anything clever. A defensive mix up presented Thomas with the ball and he set up Dykes to go in one on one on Robinson. He hit it well but Robbo made a good save. Then another error saw Thomson and Dykes exchange passes to give Thomson a clean run in on goal. Not sure exactly what happened? He seemed to shot and Lee got something on it to slow it down and was then able to get up and catch it before the line. He should definitely have scored there. And then another extra man over run from Marshall saw him score into the bottom corner. Looked like Lee should have saved it. Two goals in a fortnight for Marsh now having gone nearly three years without one! We had other opportunities and it looked like Dunfermline were just holding on but they caught us on the break in the last minute and Nicky added a nice finish for a third.

I thought a draw would probably have been fair enough but neither team really deserved much from it. Nicky Clark was the best player on the pitch and that's why they won. Lee's very public antics at the end were unnecessary and he's lucky he wasn't seen by the referee.

Aye, last season against Dumbarton. 

It's mental the stick he was getting through the season, Clark has been very, very good for us and has scored plenty of goals, third highest scorer behind Dobbie and Morgan in the league this season, who most fans agree are playing at a level beneath them is very good going. 

I'd imagine Hawk will be missing from this thread for a bit. 

Clark gets stick every week from moaning old duffers around me. He's excellent all round just because he's not a headless chicken and runs around all the time he's somehow not trying?

In no possible sense did Queen of the South 'shade' that game. The Pars were comfortably the better side in the first half with a numer of good scoring chances without ever being threatened at the back.

I wasn't happy with our approach at the start of the second half because, although it was quite even, it was way too open for a team two goals up. Although we might well have scored ourselves in taht period, our openness meant we were always at real risk of losing a goal, and so it proved. However, after it went to 2-1, I felt we defended very comfortably with Martin, Ashcroft and Morris all having good games at the back. Despite the silly spell early in the second half,  we were the better team overall and deserved to beat a QOS side that were largely disappointing.

5 minutes ago, Socks said:

In no possible sense did Queen of the South 'shade' that game.

1 minute ago, Jimmy85 said:

:lol: 

Tremendous. 

Ok, perhaps "shaded it" was too far. :shutupThe BBC stats suggest Dunfermline had nearly twice as many shots over the piece and more on target too. However, we did miss two absolute sitters in the second half and you clinched with a breakaway deep into injury time. If Nicky Clark had been up front for us today instead of you I think we'd have won. He was the difference.

Archived