Rovers v Wasps

3 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

Any information on the Rovers' trialist no7, anyone?

Scott McLean, apparently released by Kilmarnock; best Rovers player on the park for me, although he didn't have much competition.

Flat and shite again today, yet looking we might get a playoff to kid ourselves on over; put your bouse on Mick Dunlop scoring in that one

A professional job done today. I thought we lost a bit of momentum in the second half and rovers came back into the game but a good 3 points .  A good day with Arbroath slipping also. 

I thought the sub that came on for rovers and scored looked a threat for them. Alloa played well on a difficult tight pitch and Smith came more into the game playing through the middle closer to Stewart. 

An enjoyable afternoon. Mon alloa

made more enjoyable by the rovers fan who told us we would get beaten today , he did seem a jolly chap though and i laughed at the time ...never mind  Eh ?

Also the guy who shouted "cmon rovers get intae this mince "  :-)

for some reason i like going to the rovers ground , has a very strong character about the place 

made more enjoyable by the rovers fan who told us we would get beaten today , he did seem a jolly chap though and i laughed at the time ...never mind  Eh ?
Also the guy who shouted "cmon rovers get intae this mince "  :-)
for some reason i like going to the rovers ground , has a very strong character about the place 

There is no doubt that there is a sense of community at Cliftonville but the ground and pitch condition makes me really appreciate the Recs.

Thought both teams tried to get forward which made for a decent game. Glad of the 3points and a stop to the rot.

4 hours ago, Oweny said:

A professional job done today. I thought we lost a bit of momentum in the second half and rovers came back into the game but a good 3 points .  A good day with Arbroath slipping also. 

I thought the sub that came on for rovers and scored looked a threat for them. Alloa played well on a difficult tight pitch and Smith came more into the game playing through the middle closer to Stewart. 

An enjoyable afternoon. Mon alloa

Has Smith been playing wide? Might be why you've not seen the best of him, was always playing upfront for us when he was playing well. 

7 hours ago, fruitbowl said:

There is no doubt that there is a sense of community at Cliftonville but the ground and pitch condition makes me really appreciate the Recs.

Thought both teams tried to get forward which made for a decent game. Glad of the 3points and a stop to the rot.

Cliftonhill my friend.  Not Cliftonville.

7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Has Smith been playing wide? Might be why you've not seen the best of him, was always playing upfront for us when he was playing well. 

might be lacking confidence a bit , played up front yesterday and got a full game , we were totally screaming for a goal from him but not yet i'm afraid !

In 40 years supporting alloa I have to say that I've always enjoyed my visits to cliftonhill.   Genuine supporters following their team and a bit of banter with the opposition and at no time Ever felt intimidated .  

I Sincerely Hope Rovers escape the drop and with class acts such as jason Marr and Graeme Holmes in their ranks they have every chance. Plenty goals in them also. 

First time back at Cliftonhill for me since an early game for Calum Eliott and have to say I enjoyed it. You don't often see the officials behind the stand at the end of half-time on their way back out going from their room to the tunnel.

Both Oweny and Jim Goodwin have used the world professional to describe Alloa's performance and I agree with that. Thought we looked solid and confident throughout. With Stewart and Kirky in the team we'll cause most teams problems. Hetherington continues to look like a player who could make a step up. The likes of Taggs, Big Andy and Flanny were their usual quality selves. Robbo of course fitted back in smoothly.

Dropping Cawley and, again, bringing Crossan on for Flanny still looks very odd to me, but it is what it is and the win completed a good week which takes us closer to securing a playoff berth.

Yeah, he's been wide right in the three behind a lone striker most of the time. Certainly looked more comfortable in the last ten or so minutes when he was moved into the centre.

He's shown the odd glimpse of ability but generally he's been pretty ordinary. Still young of course and looks to have a good attitude. Another season on loan next year would help him I think.

Possibly Hetheringtons best performance of the season and clear man of the match. Bossed the midfield, at the heart of everything. Not the best surface for a free flowing game but Stevie was thriving out there.

Took a while to get going second half but there were some good moments. Taggarts "George Weah" solo run would have been stick on goal of the season had it not flew just wide.

Crossan looked livelier than previous recent outings. Didnt get it all our own way, but a well deserved three points.

Good to see Jason Marr again.

Archived