Cancelling a Scottish cup game

Bannockburnloyal

6 hours ago, TruthfulTam said:

Very poor the SAFA don’t have the power to investigate this further. Sets a precedence for teams in the future if you ask me.

I feel for St Pats, the fixture now being played at the Easter Weekend, no doubt it will be at Palace of Arts.

Using an excuse of flooding may have been a better option as I’m sure power failure could be easily proven untrue. Be surprised if this doesn’t come back to bite them, but I may be wrong!

Hopefully justice is served this weekend if the game goes ahead.

They do have the power to investigate the issue is they need all games played to keep competition moving as further disruption with sanctions / appeals  could cause issues for them when you consider teams in cup will have guys in international game coming up with semi finals probably already pencilled in start of May.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They do have the power to investigate the issue is they need all games played to keep competition moving as further disruption with sanctions / appeals  could cause issues for them when you consider teams in cup will have guys in international game coming up with semi finals probably already pencilled in start of May.

Surely not mate. So they are pretty much encouraging cheating to progress the competition? If anything the cheating has prevented the competition from progressing. Very poor on their behalf if this is true.

26 minutes ago, TruthfulTam said:

Surely not mate. So they are pretty much encouraging cheating to progress the competition? If anything the cheating has prevented the competition from progressing. Very poor on their behalf if this is true.

26 minutes ago, TruthfulTam said:

I would not say they are encouraging cheating I think we all know this has happened across game for years social media now puts in the spot light . Also have to remember unless St Pats put in a protest then they can’t investigate anything and from what we have heard if grounds man puts game off there is nothing anyone can do as even if protest Bridgwater will be cleared .

What i dont understand is, if both teams wanted the game on and bridgewater have said they wanted the game on, why didnt they play it? A powercut? C'mon surely having a shower isnt what stopped the game going ahead. Im not buying that along with the bridgewater team having a free week pencilled in and not anticapating being in the scottish cup along with the wedding the change of parks and the links to st.ants i feel this game was never going to go ahead but thats just me looking from the outside and should be a good game this week. But if having a shower was the main reason then thats alot of crap.

Truthful tam 4 posts made all absolutely seething about this. Safe to say he has links with st pats. U call it cheating I say bending the rules to maximise Bridgewater chances of progressing. Game got pushed back a week so what ? Can't imagine the heads gone from big tam if st pats are out come tea time Saturday!

Truthful tam 4 posts made all absolutely seething about this. Safe to say he has links with st pats. U call it cheating I say bending the rules to maximise Bridgewater chances of progressing. Game got pushed back a week so what ? Can't imagine the heads gone from big tam if st pats are out come tea time Saturday!

More raging I wasted a chunk of my Saturday heading down to watch it! Thought it may have been switched to Palace of Arts went down there ended up watching southside. Spoke to someone I knew about the fixture who found out the full story.

Makes for a better tie both teams having their strongest teams I agree, but rules are rules and when they are ‘bent’ I’d call it cheating. As I say other teams have had to play major games with depleted squads that’s why a team with depth win the majors!

Anyway adds a bit of spice to this weekends fixture if it goes ahead. Wanted to see what bridgewater are all about having knocked a highly talked up Pennies out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived