2018 World Cup - Russia #GotGotNeed

jagfox

Due to a quiet spell at work i nipped into the local Spar and picked up a starter park and 5 packs of stickers.

Didn't really pay attention  until those a can of Irn Bru Xtra and 2 packs of Square crisps came to £15.05!

Turns out they're flogging the starter pack for £5.99 and the packs are £1.50 each rather than the RRP £0.80 a pack.

Still, I got a nice shiny Leo Messi Limited Edition...

#GotGotNeed

Bought the album and a 100 pack box earlier. Works out about 52p a packet in real money. Decent value at that price but overall I think they are at the point now where they are charging too much. Will start on it when I get home, but won't whack the lot in immediately. Need to swap with her 5 and 7 year old nephews, or whatever fucking age the little gits are.

ex Mrs H used to work for Panini (couple of paid-for trips to HQ in Bologna - very nice); she'd regularly bring home shrinkwrapped albums with complete card sets, especially for the european leagues; I tipped up at a collectors fair thing on the isle of sheppey (not as nice as La Grassa, strangely enough) to sell a load of old programmes and fanzines and the like - early 90's this must have been -  and all of the albums were in a box; bloke comes up and asks me how much for 'em, so i said "twenty quid'll do", meaning for the whole lot - so he picked out nine albums - and handed over £180.00 :huh:

54 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Where's best to get the boxes, online?

Don’t know if they will be selling them in the UK but it was Lidl who were selling the boxes here at 30% under the normal price.

4 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Where's best to get the boxes, online?

The best I've seen so far is Argos who sell 100 packet boxes for £70, which is a tenner cheaper than anywhere else I've seen to date.

Edited by ellisdee

Put the 16 freebies in yesterday. Got up the road last night after having a few for the Scotland game and opened the first actual packet. 2 fucking doublers. Fair to say I was raging.

No doublers in the other 4 packets I opened though.

80p a packet apparently that works out at £112 to fill the 700 stickers without any doublers. That’s up from 50p for the Euros. 

Needless to say Panini have been getting pelters on twitter. 

80p a packet apparently that works out at £112 to fill the 700 stickers without any doublers. That’s up from 50p for the Euros. 

Aye, I thought the packets were a bit steep compared to last time. I remember in 2010 Sainsbury’s we’re doing 3 packs for £1.20 which was a good deal.

On 25/03/2018 at 00:16, Rab B Nesbit said:

Now on sale in Germany. 70 €uro cent a pack, ca. 60p. 

On average it will cost £773.60 to complete the album if you do it by just buying the packs of stickers...

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/news/maths-expert-filling-panini-world-cup-sticker-album-will-cost-774-on-average/

His calculations showed that on average you would need to buy 4,832 stickers, or 967 packets, to complete the book, costing £773.60.

On 23/03/2018 at 13:55, jagfox99 said:

Due to a quiet spell at work i nipped into the local Spar and picked up a starter park and 5 packs of stickers.

Didn't really pay attention  until those a can of Irn Bru Xtra and 2 packs of Square crisps came to £15.05!

Turns out they're flogging the starter pack for £5.99 and the packs are £1.50 each rather than the RRP £0.80 a pack.

Still, I got a nice shiny Leo Messi Limited Edition...

#GotGotNeed

Seems i really didnt pay attention as the starter kit and packs i got are for the Adrenylin trading game :lol: :(