Berwick v Edinburgh

We've had a few "must wins" this season, and here is another.

In terms of results we've been on a desperately poor run, but in some of those defeats/draws we've actually played really well.

Cook, Lavery  (if he's not still "unavailable")  Mackinlay and Murrell will be hoping for a start. 

Edinburgh's little revival came to a crashing halt last week. Hope it continues, but might be watching much of this badly disturbed by a squeaking bum.

Guest Landan Spiv

This is  a must win for City as well. Was hearing a few say we're already safe on Tuesday night but I don't think we are at all. I'd say two  more wins will probably seal the deal but apart from Saturday our fixture list is looking abysmal. 

We've played you 4 times already this season and haven't lost in any of them games so I'd say we are definitely favourites going into tommorow 

15 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

How that is not penalty, nobody will ever know. Fair enough Noteman should have had a straight red but FFS that penalty decision ??

Stonewall!

Penalties and red cards aside, I was really disappointed in our display yesterday. Very little quality on show (from either team, actually). Some of our passing was Sunday League at best - the hoof ball became the best option, but we were slow to press the 2nd ball anyway.

Get Cook in to right back, and put Lavery and Stewart, into midfield for O'Kane and Willis. The latter two need a kick up the arse. O'Kane was unusually off the pace yesterday, and that's 90% of his game, as he doesn't exactly possess a lot of flair. Maybe he needs a rest. 

Willis, just hasn't really done anything much, for me. Maybe starting on the bench might wake him up.

Might also consider swapping Phillips and Orru, but whichever way around, they provide a lot more down the left than Stewart and Willis do down the right.

I thought O'Kane was one of our better players tbh. He competed well in the middle of a horrendous pitch. Back four were solid. We are lacking quality and someone to put their foot on the ball and control a game. Those types cost money and we don't have any. 

Think we'll fall over the line again but disaster is staring us head on.

Without changes, next season could hinge on what loan players Robbie can bring in.

The only way forward I see, is for the trust and supporters club to put their shares up for sale, in an attempt to bring fresh investment. Stirling Albion have achieved this and unless we steer a similar path, the situation could become terminal very quickly. 

2 hours ago, Redcar said:

Penalties and red cards aside, I was really disappointed in our display yesterday. Very little quality on show (from either team, actually). Some of our passing was Sunday League at best - the hoof ball became the best option, but we were slow to press the 2nd ball anyway.

Get Cook in to right back, and put Lavery and Stewart, into midfield for O'Kane and Willis. The latter two need a kick up the arse. O'Kane was unusually off the pace yesterday, and that's 90% of his game, as he doesn't exactly possess a lot of flair. Maybe he needs a rest. 

Willis, just hasn't really done anything much, for me. Maybe starting on the bench might wake him up.

Might also consider swapping Phillips and Orru, but whichever way around, they provide a lot more down the left than Stewart and Willis do down the right.

Condition of surface surely a factor in passing and style of play?

Archived