Moat boring season ever?

With St Mirren steadily heading towards the title, and Brechins comic, yet obvious fall back down while winless, is this the most boring season ever?

Last year we had Raiths spectacular collapse, playing Ryan Stevenson in goals, Locke, Yogi.

Dundee Utd were fresh and yet were hilariously punted in the play offs by Hamilton.

We had St Mirren's very close thing with relegation.

We had Cammy Bells penalty save hat trick and us missing something like 11 penalties in a row.

This season... Not much? Falkirk’s fall has steadied and we're left with perhaps Mohsni as a talking point.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

With St Mirren steadily heading towards the title, and Brechins comic, yet obvious fall back down while winless, is this the most boring season ever?

Last year we had Raiths spectacular collapse, playing Ryan Stevenson in goals, Locke, Yogi.

Dundee Utd were fresh and yet were hilariously punted in the play offs by Hamilton.

We had Cammy Bells penalty save hat trick and us missing something like 11 penalties in a row.

This season... Not much? Falkirk’s fall has steadied and we're left with perhaps Mohsni as a talking point.

Definitely.  Pull up the drawbridge.

I'd have 2010-11 up there. Just one promotion spot place available, contested by the means of a shan Fife rivalry with an utterly predictable ending. The Dunfermline side that cantered to the title was a mediocre side in a sea of utter dung. No significant relegation fight at the bottom either. The sole comedy value from the season was Dundee's second implosion and second administration. 

The following season (Ross County's 24 point procession to the title; Dundee going up by default after Rangers died) wasn't much better either*.  The play-offs have made a huge difference to this league. 

* Apart from 'Rangers dying' of course, which will never be surpassed.

I think most FFC fans will want it over asap, I'd suggest ourselves, Brechin and Inverness post the b&q cup have nothing left to play for re the league.

Last season had the majority of teams going into winless free fall, the majority this season are 2 or 3 ,4 games away from a win.

To think we wouldve been guaranteed 2nd bottom with just playing Morton away twice....

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I think most FFC fans will want it over asap, I'd suggest ourselves, Brechin and Inverness post the b&q cup have nothing left to play for re the league.

Last season had the majority of teams going into winless free fall, the majority this season are 2 or 3 ,4 games away from a win.

To think we wouldve been guaranteed 2nd bottom with just playing Morton away twice....

I wouldn't rule us out of the relegation scrap yet. With a couple of games still to play against Dumbarton I think we've still got loads to play for.

If anyone finds a St Mirren fan who thinks this season is the most boring ever - firstly, have a word with their carer and secondly, up their medication levels by a factor of at least 500%.

A side issue would be to mull over which manager holds the title of presiding over our most boring season. Probably a toss up between Gus MacPherson, Tommy Craig or Alex Rae. Not even Alex Miller or Ian Murray could get close to challenging them for long periods of sheer unadulterated tedium and a complete lack of feelgood factor. 

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Think it"s more your mind set Dunfermilne fans at the start of the season believed you were going to have a great season no wonder your deflated now. Falkirk and United fans were also in good mood. From a St Mirren perspective its an amazing season even if everyone else is shit you would love to be in our position . 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I wouldn't rule us out of the relegation scrap yet. With a couple of games still to play against Dumbarton I think we've still got loads to play for.

Win home game v Dumbarton then you have Brechin also....

Dumbarton wont get 38pts

I didn't think we'd have a great season, I expected us to be roughly where we are, maybe a little closer to the top 3 but not burning the league like we did at the start.
9 clean sheets in the past 12 though, would ever have predicted that either.

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I didn't think we'd have a great season, I expected us to be roughly where we are, maybe a little closer to the top 3 but not burning the league like we did at the start.

Fair enough also hoped Saints would make the play offs with United wining the league however that view changed with first game at East End Park I seen you as romping the league just shows its hard to tell. 

17 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I think Coventry Saint posted the respective league tables from this time last year alongside this year's and it shows we've made a decent improvement in terms of the points haul. The manner of it (getting lots of points early followed by months of doing fek all) has made it a boring time. Fail to beat Utd on Saturday (we won't beat them) and the season is over for us. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

I think Coventry Saint posted the respective league tables from this time last year alongside this year's and it shows we've made a decent improvement in terms of the points haul. The manner of it (getting lots of points early followed by months of doing fek all) has made it a boring time. Fail to beat Utd on Saturday (we won't beat them) and the season is over for us. 

Why won't you beat Utd, virtually everyone else has !

Archived