Clyde vs Montrose

Hopefully their promotion push comes off the rails this weekend but you get back on track next week (at P/heed).

If you let us win tomorrow we promise to beat Peterhead next week too. That will leave you no worse off. Deal?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Montrose's 352 we've dealt well with since DL came in. Game at Broadwood we basically matched up directly with them, so much so that both teams ended up changing as the game progressed as it was a complete stalemate.
The game at Links Park we completely over-ran them in the middle of the pitch with Lamont/Cuddihy, and Goodwillie got better and better as the game progressed. We're a better side now with McStay and Boyle added to that team, albeit Montrose also now have Ballantyne back to give them natural wing-backs on both sides. We've had a decent practice recently with both Elgin and Edinburgh playing that way so I'd not expect a different formation or set-up to Tuesday.
It'll be interesting to see who Montrose play up front as it seems like they do something slightly unexpected every time we play them.
Hopefully a good crowd as a win here would give us incredible momentum going into another run of away games.
Big Templeman will be up front 100% had a real good game against Peterhead.
I'm glad your captain is suspended he seems to be playing a lot better since change of manager.Should be a cracker tomorrow hopefully.

3 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

What does DL do with Nicoll out? Replace him with another midfielder from the squad or does he move Lang in there and bring Duffie in at RB? 

Tom Lang is injured and Duffie has been playing at right back for a coupon of weeks now. I’d imagine Ray Grant will come into midfield. 

Aye, will do the same as when Nicoll was out injured and stick Grant in the same role. He can play there well so not too bothered about it
Agree Grant is the obvious choice to replace Nicoll.

However, I don't think he's as effective as Nicoll in that role.

Grant not anywhere near as physical, however much better at actually passing the ball to a team mate. It changes the dynamic and style  of the midfield but not too worried about Nicol being out.

Main issue for us is defending well and high up the park, give Templeman time, service near the box and this invites trouble.

If you let us win tomorrow we promise to beat Peterhead next week too. That will leave you no worse off. Deal?

No deal !

A footnote. One point guarantees us a play off place ..... but we have a bigger prize in sight [emoji898]????[emoji471]

Archived