Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Div

Short Downtime Tomorrow 23rd March

Recommended Posts

Our hosting company are taking steps to mitigate against the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities that have been well docmented in the press over the past few months.

As a result we will have a very short downtime window tomorrow of around 10 mins between 2pm and 3pm whilst we apply some patches.

So if the forum goes offline for a short while tomorrow do not worry, it will be back up shortly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Div said:

Our hosting company are taking steps to mitigate against the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities that have been well docmented in the press over the past few months.

As a result we will have a very short downtime window tomorrow of around 10 mins between 2pm and 3pm whilst we apply some patches.

So if the forum goes offline for a short while tomorrow do not worry, it will be back up shortly!

I see your betting partner McBookie are offering a great price of 4/6 for the forum to be off for a minimum of one hour. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I see your betting partner McBookie are offering a great price of 4/6 for the forum to be off for a minimum of one hour. :P

Ha! Our uptime and performance has been absolutely brilliant recently. We never get ANY credit :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Div said:

Ha! Our uptime and performance has been absolutely brilliant recently. We never get ANY credit :P

It has been pretty good to be fair. I take it you are too busy to be as involved as you were before then! :thumsup2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rugster said:

It has been pretty good to be fair. I take it you are too busy to be as involved as you were before then! :thumsup2

I'm involved every day you grey haired fool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Div said:

Our hosting company are taking steps to mitigate against the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities that have been well docmented in the press over the past few months.

As a result we will have a very short downtime window tomorrow of around 10 mins between 2pm and 3pm whilst we apply some patches.

So if the forum goes offline for a short while tomorrow do not worry, it will be back up shortly!

Thanks for the update - I have a meeting to schedule in at work tomorrow, i now know the best time to schedule it in for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is very inconsiderate planning for the downtime, I normally find I waste most time during 2-3pm on a Friday. Bang in the middle of the hours I struggle to the end of my shift.

I've never had a downtime in this slot before and I'm not looking forward to it. Please make sure it is only 10 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Downtime complete. Total elapsed, 6 mins :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Div said:

Downtime complete. Total elapsed, 6 mins :P

tut tut tut rookie mistake, never ever go under your original estimate, now all the masses on here will expect the next downtime to be 6minutes and no more

you've fucked it for yourself div

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×