Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Life insurance, car insurance, home and contents insurance, valuable works of art insurance, leg insurance, phone insurance, pet insurance etc.

 

There are a lot of kinds of insurance. Do you have any? How much do you spend a month on insurance products?

 

I was just thinking about this as I realise that I don’t, and never have had, any kind of insurance at all. But then I don’t own anything worth insuring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pet insurance
House/contents
Car insurance
Life insurance & critical illness
No idea about the cost but the pet & car insurance has been pretty well used. Usually just claim for mobile phones on the house insurance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vet bills can be absolutely horrendous and I'd never want to be in the situation of not being able to get my dog treatment. So, aye, pet insurance is a no brainer for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Pet insurance
House/contents
Car insurance
Life insurance & critical illness
No idea about the cost but the pet & car insurance has been pretty well used. Usually just claim for mobile phones on the house insurance. 

I have all of these aside from pet insurance which is something I really should sort out. I've had to claim on my house insurance once and I genuinely hope I never have to claim for anything again. If anything seriously goes wrong in my house again I think I'd rather just drink turps and end it all. Never had to claim on anything else and I hope it stays that way, although my life insurance does pay off my mortgage if I get a terminal illness. Every cloud 'n' aw that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Life insurance, car insurance, home and contents insurance, valuable works of art insurance, leg insurance, phone insurance, pet insurance etc.

 

There are a lot of kinds of insurance. Do you have any? How much do you spend a month on insurance products?

 

I was just thinking about this as I realise that I don’t, and never have had, any kind of insurance at all. But then I don’t own anything worth insuring.

Never been abroad on holiday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Club foot insurance?

Don't need it as I don't have a club foot. Just plantar fasciitis. 

41 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Never been abroad on holiday?

Not for over 10 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jimbo Jagsfan said:

Just renewed the insurance for the van today. £234 for the year.

Sounds excellent, who with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have product care for a few expensive purchases such as a TV, PS4 etc. But I wouldn't call them insurance as such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a customer with Direct Line for 12 years, auto renew came through the post quoting a small saving to £85 a month for my car insurance...bearing in mind I had a wee bump in 2016, that’s still pretty steep for my age..

Did compare the market (yass 2 for 1 cinema for a year  and baby Oleg BB8 toy!!) and as of April 1st (Hopefully not an April fool) I’ll be insured by General Accident for £35 a month. Few changes such as parents no longer drivers and the wife put on (she has 7 years no claims, I’ve still got 5 years)

Just shows you that loyalty means f**k all to these companies...

To be fair the boy on the phone at Direct Line tried to get me a deal but could only do £50 a month. Thanks but no, cancel my auto renewal please, cheery bye!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Been a customer with Direct Line for 12 years, auto renew came through the post quoting a small saving to £85 a month for my car insurance...bearing in mind I had a wee bump in 2016, that’s still pretty steep for my age..

Did compare the market (yass 2 for 1 cinema for a year  and baby Oleg BB8 toy!!) and as of April 1st (Hopefully not an April fool) I’ll be insured by General Accident for £35 a month. Few changes such as parents no longer drivers and the wife put on (she has 7 years no claims, I’ve still got 5 years)

Just shows you that loyalty means f**k all to these companies...

 

5
5

£85 a month what are you driving a Sherman tank? But at least you're shopping around there's no point staying with anyone because as you say loyalty counts for nothing

Edited by Adam101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had Direct Line home contents insurance. Wife went to Lanzarote with the daughter a few years back. Apartment got broken into and her iPhone and Raymond Weil watch were stolen. Within a week of being home, a new iphone was in her possession and a pre paid card with £1100 on it arrived to pay for a replacement watch. It is worth checking just what your home contents policy covers before you spent money on holiday insurance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Adam101 said:

£85 a month what are you driving a Sherman tank? But at least you're shopping around there's no point staying with anyone because as you say loyalty counts for nothing

Astra 1.7 Diesel. Quite incredible really. 12 years and 2 slight bumps. First one was in my old 1.2 Clio and it wasn’t even my fault,  but the other driver had witnesses who lied that I was to blame. Second one was basically a month after I got the bloody Astra! But never mind. Got there in the end. But definitely better to shop around...

in terms of other insurance, I’ve got Home and contents insurance, life insurance and also income protection insurance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m about £23 a month for insurance on my car.

£4 a month for contents cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mizfit said:

I’m about £23 a month for insurance on my car.

£4 a month for contents cover.

What do you keep in the car?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only House Insurance for me - works out at £130 per year.  Knowing things here, I doubt they'd pay out If I ever had to claim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...