Scotland v Costa Rica 23rd March

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DAVIDB69
Both excellent players Fletcher the better

Frequent failed to deliver in a Scotland shirt about 5 decent games in total

New to this thread..................but what in gods name are you on?
He gets shown up on the European stage time and time again. His skills are primarily hacking down and hindering opponents by consistent nippy fouling. This is extremely successful in the Scottish league when playing for one of the old firm. This is a player who playing for any other team would be booked every game, like Graeme Shinnie is for Aberdeen who i believe has double the amount of bookings this season.

I take it you’ve not seen him play in Europe then? He’s Celtics best player 9/10. He’s put in outstanding performances against Man Utd, A great AC Milan side, Barcalona, Dynamo Moscow, Inter, Arsenal, Atlético Madrid, Benfica, Ajax, Spartak, Man City and countless many more. I’d probably run out of ink on my phone if I had to list his outstanding performances in a Scotland Shirt.

And yes he does get away with bookings but that’s because he has such a big aura around him in Scotland that Referees crumble in his presence. It’s like Pirlo in Italy: he was very rarely booked. Scott has been running the show domestically for over ten years, winning countless honours while captaining one the biggest clubs in work football, some referee that’s never got past amateur level is obviously going to feel inferior in his company.

Who said that.  
Darren Fletcher is the best player Scotland have had in a long long time.  Craig Gordon next.  Then Barry Ferguson.  Brown would be after those.  I'm just objecting to your pish.

Fletcher, Ferguson and Gordon where all great players. None of them better than Scott Brown though.

13 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I take it you’ve not seen him play in Europe then? He’s Celtics best player 9/10. He’s put in outstanding performances against Man Utd, A great AC Milan side, Barcalona, Dynamo Moscow, Inter, Arsenal, Atlético Madrid, Benfica, Ajax, Spartak, Man City and countless many more. I’d probably run out of ink on my phone if I had to list his outstanding performances in a Scotland Shirt.

And yes he does get away with bookings but that’s because he has such a big aura around him in Scotland that Referees crumble in his presence. It’s like Pirlo in Italy: he was very rarely booked. Scott has been running the show domestically for over ten years, winning countless honours while captaining one the biggest clubs in work football, some referee that’s never got past amateur level is obviously going to feel inferior in his company.

Fletcher, Ferguson and Gordon where all great players. None of them better than Scott Brown though.

This weirdos going on ignore

He’s as close as we’ve had to a a genuinely world class player. I’d say he’s European class, as his statistics in the most prestigious football tournament on the planet would back up.

I'm sure Dalglish and quite a few more players having something to say about that. Also McStay was much better

Are people really still saying we need to be patient and wait to give the manager/team/individual players time to come good? Haven't we been doing that for the last 20 years? How many other teams have overtaken us and left us behind in that time?

What's the alternative?  Be impatient and sack a manager and get rid of a bunch of players after one game in the hope that it will magically make us better?  Our world ranking is almost identical to 20 years ago (we're actually currently 9 places higher than we were going into the 1998 World Cup), so presumably we have overtaken as many teams as have overtaken us.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

What's the alternative?  Be impatient and sack a manager and get rid of a bunch of players after one game in the hope that it will magically make us better?  Our world ranking is almost identical to 20 years ago (we're actually currently 9 places higher than we were going into the 1998 World Cup), so presumably we have overtaken as many teams as have overtaken us.

That's really just an illustration of how false the rankings are.  Our 1998 team would pump us rotten.

And I would say the alternative is to appoint a decent manager.

Archived