Scotland v Costa Rica 23rd March

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any idea what sort of crowd will be there? Decent pricing compared to the last couple of years coupled with McLeishs first game, should surely be upwards of 35,000?

Think you might be overestimating McLeish’s drawing power. It’s hardly the dawning of a new era of Scottish football... stubborn, defensive, dogs-of-War midfield irrespective of the opponents. 20,000 tops, I should have thought.

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Any idea what sort of crowd will be there? Decent pricing compared to the last couple of years coupled with McLeishs first game, should surely be upwards of 35,000?

It's a night-time friendly - we'd be lucky to get upwards of 35,000 for a qualifier on a Friday night, even at those prices.

Today's paper says over 20,000 tickets sold , which I find incredible.  Someone has done a good job of hyping up a game which could end up as a kick about . I suppose the cheaper ticket prices and home point must have helped .

26 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

Anyone heard how many have travelled from Costa Rica?     Thinking 6-7K tops.  

Not on a Friday night. Costa Rica fans will have had to take the day off or pulled a sickie for this. 

No consideration given to them for having to travel from outside the central belt. 

37 minutes ago, nessies long lost ghost said:

I would start

Archer

Paterson Hanley Mulgrew Robertson

McTominay Cairney

Fraser McGregor Ritchie

McBurnie

Actually, where is Griffiths?

Injured. Been out for weeks.

Archived