• Last Reply

Id seriosly go something like this -

Deniz

Ralston.  Durnan.  Scobbie.  Robson

Flood 

Mcmullan                 Stanton

Fraser.     

McDonald Mikklesen 

Keep King away from the team, hes been fucking garbage this season. Flood can break up and chase down players all day, leave him to do that. Stanton and McMullan can play wide and get forward (not Stantons best position but King and Smith arent very productive either), Fraser can play as the 'number 10'.... fucking  hate calling it that....Fraser can play as the attacking midfielder.

As i usually say, 2 up front and get the ball forward. Keep them in their half and make sure Durnan and Scobbie arent our playmakers like Laszlo seems intent on doing.

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I'd say it's a must win today (but it's the type of game we never win under AJ), with Morton playing Brechin. Just don't see us scoring enough goals to make up a four or five point gap on Morton, given our scoring average has been about 1 goal per game for the last 20 games. We've got the two part timers at home still but we toiled in our previous two games against them. 

The reason I say it isn't necessarily a must win for us was because in the grand scheme of things, United need the points more than us as, by all accounts, they need to go up this season. 

If you look at it from a playoff perspective, it is must not lose for us I'd say. I would take  draw today, keep the momentum going and the confidence high. Yes, we really should be chasing the 3 points considering the discontent at Tannadice etc but I can just imagine the players will be coming out all guns blazing today and I think we will need to defend strongly if we are to take anything, especially - as you've pointed out - that our goals to games ratio at the moment is quite low. 

Here's hoping the players can finally put the hoodoo to bed and get a win over DU! :thumsup2

3 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Id seriosly go something like this -

Deniz

Ralston.  Durnan.  Scobbie.  Robson

Flood 

Mcmullan                 Stanton

Fraser.     

McDonald Mikklesen 

Keep King away from the team, hes been fucking garbage this season. Flood can break up and chase down players all day, leave him to do that. Stanton and McMullan can play wide and get forward (not Stantons best position but King and Smith arent very productive either), Fraser can play as the 'number 10'.... fucking  hate calling it that....Fraser can play as the attacking midfielder.

As i usually say, 2 up front and get the ball forward. Keep them in their half and make sure Durnan and Scobbie arent our playmakers like Laszlo seems intent on doing.

Going from two defensive midfielders to one might be worth a punt if 1. we can get players to keep their poisitions and 2. the defenders have a decent game and don’t need the extra cover.  An option to this would be to play McMullan beside Mikkelsen and Smith in midfield.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah I’m nipping round your house while your at the game.

Joke's on you as it's up a load of stairs and there's no lift 

DZDux8JW4AAYmvR.jpg:large

Tombola time is upon us. Not entirely sure what Murdoch does to deserve another chance in the middle of the park today, if we are going to rotate then Gillespie (hell even Slater) should be given an opportunity. This is going to be shit.

Fairly even half. Poor officiating as is the norm - Craigan should have been booked for pulling the guy back when conceding the free kick at the edge of the box and Ralston should have been booked for shoving Martin in the chest and the linesman (Sorry, assistants) are just guessing half the time I think. Genuinely shocked at how bad United are but we're not a whole lot better. Team who scores first wins the game, I reckon. Hopefully a Moshni own goal.

Archived