Automatic relegation from League 2

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Juniors have voted in favour of joining the pyramid.

SHOULD JUNIOR FOOTBALL JOIN THE PYRAMID SYSTEM?

YES:- 64.29%

NO:- 35.71%

SHOULD JUNIOR FOOTBALL JOIN THE PYRAMID AT (A) TIER 6 OR (B) TIER 5?

A:- 42.19%

B:- 57.81%

DOES YOUR CLUB MEET ENTRY LEVEL CLUB LICENSING CRITERIA?

YES:- 9.74%

NO:- 90.26%

1 minute ago, Im_Rodger said:

Juniors have voted in favour of joining the pyramid.

SHOULD JUNIOR FOOTBALL JOIN THE PYRAMID SYSTEM?

YES:- 64.29%

NO:- 35.71%

Brilliant result. Scottish football has a very bright and exciting future.

14 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

SHOULD JUNIOR FOOTBALL JOIN THE PYRAMID AT (A) TIER 6 OR (B) TIER 5?

A:- 42.19%

B:- 57.81%

This could be a headache of a result for pyramid organisers. 

However would work perfectly fine If they restructure Scottish football like I had done on previous pages. ;) 

I think we need some kind of league reconstruction before jumping towards an automatic relegation space from League 2. I don’t really see the point in making one small change when it’s clear a bigger changes are needed to the structure. Something along the lines of what ImRodger has suggested. The LL and HL at the moment don’t cover the whole of Scotland which is also an issue.

It’s the perfect opportunity with the Juniors wanting to come across. I agree with larger leagues and I’d be happy for it to be more regionalised, even below two top leagues of 12, or probably best, 12/12/18 as national.

If below the 18 if you had an East, West and North League with say 12 or 18 clubs each, with more regionalisation below, I think relegation from the 18 would be less of a death sentence. Cowden, Berwick, Edinburgh or Annan dropping into a league that included clubs like Musselburgh, Linlithgow, Kelty, Spartans and the like wouldn’t be as bad and you’d hope that teams would be of a similar quality. Every club would then be able to find their level pretty quickly.

9 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

The LL and HL at the moment don’t cover the whole of Scotland which is also an issue.

They do - there's a dividing line between Dundee and Fife - it's just that between Alloa and Cove Bay there's no team currently at tier 5.

I think once you have more quality teams in the pyramid outside the SPFL then things will change, but it's all chicken and egg.

Archived