Fraser

Mikkelson

Shabba Line up -

Lewis

Murdoch Durnan Moshni Robson

Flood Stanton

Smith McDonald King

Mikkelson

Let's just say you're both wrong. The correct line-up for this evening would be ..

Lewis

Ralston/Murdoch* - Durnan - Scobbie - Robson

Flood - Stanton

McMullan -------------------------------King

Mikkelson - McDonald.

* Depending on fitness and whether Ralston's actually any good. If Fraser were fit, I'd have him in there at No. 10 and drop Mikkelson. I'd maybe still drop Mikkelson and play Smith in there instead with one of the three (McMullan, King and Smith) given a free role behind McDonald. King maybe best suited.

Smith--------- King  --------McMullan

McDonald.

26 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Let's just say you're both wrong. The correct line-up for this evening would be ..

Lewis

Ralston/Murdoch* - Durnan - Scobbie - Robson

Flood - Stanton

McMullan -------------------------------King

Mikkelson - McDonald.

* Depending on fitness and whether Ralston's actually any good. If Fraser were fit, I'd have him in there at No. 10 and drop Mikkelson. I'd maybe still drop Mikkelson and play Smith in there instead with one of the three (McMullan, King and Smith) given a free role behind McDonald. King maybe best suited.

Smith--------- King  --------McMullan

McDonald.

Identical to my earlier post.  I’m pleased that we are agreeing on things these days.  :lol:

18 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Mikkelson will start tonight, no question. 2 goals in his last 2 games means hes a certain starter. The main issue is who will fill the midfield berths

You are right about Mikkelsen but any of PMS’s options above would work.  The cardinal sin will be Mikkelsen on his own up front.

Leighfield 

Mercer Cameron Brownlie Fordyce Marshall

Thomson Jacobs

Thomas

Todorov Fergusson

Its clear that 2 centre half’s can’t handle Mikkelson, maybe 3 can. If we are going to play hoofball, at least play 2 big guys up front, not that it will matter if Durnan plays, he wins just about every header he challenges

1 hour ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Leighfield 

Thomson Jacobs

Thomas

Todorov Fergusson

Its clear that 2 centre half’s can’t handle Mikkelson, maybe 3 can. If we are going to play hoofball, at least play 2 big guys up front, not that it will matter if Durnan plays, he wins just about every header he challenges

Very defensive looking. I sort of like it though. Not a line up that will likely win us 3 points but then again, as Flash has highlighted, what line up has really has consistently. 

2 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Leighfield 

Thomson Jacobs

Thomas

Todorov Fergusson

I`m being a little pedantic here but if we play a back 3 I`d imagine Cameron would be left side of it.

I`m not a great fan of the system but nothing much else seems to be working well so who knows.

I'm going to buck the trend and suggest we might actually get something from this.  United didn't look up to much a week ago, there's no way Mikkelsen can play that well again, and our away form is pretty good.

1-1.  Lyle for us, and whoever takes United's penalties with theirs after the Danish dafty has a trademark dive in the box.

I know that JR hopes to offer Josh Todd a new deal , but obviously with his injury record he's only got a short time to prove himself. I've seen enough of him to know there's a player there. Hope he can do the business for QOS starting tonight , scored for us at Tannadice last season !

Archived