Highland League fixture query

lewis1792

Just a query regarding the rescheduling of Highland League fixtures. I'm looking to get to a Fort William game next month (April) and have noticed that the last round of fixtures is the 14th of April. There doesn't seem to be any matches scheduled for the 3 weeks prior to this. Are there plans for the numerous postponed fixtures to be played during this gap or is it a case of these matches simply won't be played? 

1 hour ago, lewis1792 said:

Just a query regarding the rescheduling of Highland League fixtures. I'm looking to get to a Fort William game next month (April) and have noticed that the last round of fixtures is the 14th of April. There doesn't seem to be any matches scheduled for the 3 weeks prior to this. Are there plans for the numerous postponed fixtures to be played during this gap or is it a case of these matches simply won't be played? 

They will be played, who knows when though! They need to get Cove's game out the way for the play off though. I was there today, few others were though!

1 hour ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Nope, nothing yet. We’re just busking it now.

Do the Highland League actually have an office or do the clubs just sort it out between themselves? I know they have a President and management committee etc. but do they have a full time worker just sorting out stuff and organising the fixture list?

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

Hmm

If the Broch win all their arranged games, Cove have to win their other 7 to tie up the title by 14th April. Cove would still have a couple of games to play & Fraserburgh one to pay if I've counted right. Presumably they'll be shoe-horned if things don't quite work out and Cove don't wrap things up in the fixtures published?

Cove's so far unscheduled games are v Forres and Nairn. They've still to play three of the bottom four, starting with Lossie on Saturday. 

As for the fixture list, there's still a load more to play on top of what's been scheduled - we're only 75% or so of the way through the season - so we're looking at a May finish. Once we're past April 14th, there's no rush for Wednesday/Saturday. 

On 21/03/2018 at 22:44, Jimmy Shaker said:

The secretary will sort it out. One imagines the office is a laptop in the ironing room of Rod Houston’s house.

I can confirm it’s actually the upstairs landing of his house!

I can also confirm that the back up of games is causing him a headache!

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:50, EdTheDuck said:

Hmm

If the Broch win all their arranged games, Cove have to win their other 7 to tie up the title by 14th April. Cove would still have a couple of games to play & Fraserburgh one to pay if I've counted right. Presumably they'll be shoe-horned if things don't quite work out and Cove don't wrap things up in the fixtures published?

Cove v Forres,  Cove v Nairn, Strathspey v Fraserburgh and Wick v Fraserburgh remain undated.

Cove are playing on Easter Monday but after that only have 2 other Mondays left (and I suppose next Thursday's also free but I'm guessing they'd have been given a game for it in this tranche if intended).

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 15:39, HibeeJibee said:

Cove v Forres,  Cove v Nairn, Strathspey v Fraserburgh and Wick v Fraserburgh remain undated.

Cove are playing on Easter Monday but after that only have 2 other Mondays left (and I suppose next Thursday's also free but I'm guessing they'd have been given a game for it in this tranche if intended).

got a horrible feeling fraserburgh will also be hampered by a cup final postponement this weekend,hope I'm wrong but bad weather heading our way I think

the fixtures are out for nthe remainder of the season at long last.

im not going to write them here because I cant be arsed(sorry) but the big news is that the HL/LL playoff is now put back till 28.4 first leg and the following Wednesday second leg,with the victor playing at home on sat 5th may against, most likely, cowden

Archived