Alloa v Airdrie

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

Absolutely sickened by the footage of the Airdrie support singing the name and dancing along with Tommy Robinson at last nights game. What is the deal with Airdrie’s obsession with the far right? 

Dancing? Were you so upset your tears prevented you from watching the video properly?

There seems to be a vocal section of authoritarian airdrie fans who think that they have the right to impose their views upon others and think that everyone else should conform to their particular approach and view - whether that be dictating what flags can and can’t be brought to games, what songs can and can’t be sung and now who can and can not attend a game...

Fascistic desire for total conformity.

Certainly deserved the three points last night.

I thought Airdrie deserved their lead at half-time; a quality strike from Duffy and then a good finish from Higgins giving them a two nil lead that flattered them a bit, although they had looked sharper in the final third. The penalty on the stroke of half-time brought us right back into it and we started the second half with increased tempo and determination; and we hardly let those levels drop all half as we dominated the rest of the game. Fleming and Hetherinton bossed the midfield and Stewart was an excellent target man. Kirkpatrick could easily gave had a hat-trick and even when Fleming crashed his penalty off the bar, we never let up. Delighted for Jordan getting the equaliser.

Don't know what the loan arrangements are with Crossan and Smith, but it looked suspiciously like 15 minutes counts as an appearance as bringing them on for Cawley and Flanny was otherwise bizarre and pretty much threw away our dominance.

Fleming majestic all game . Outstanding. Passing was terrific and in tbe thick of it all nightIMG_0434.jpg.8fa8dd7551cccf8a7b5132b694b8879e.jpg

He clearly thrived on the stick he was getting from the Airdrie fans. The louder they booed him, the better he played.

Concluded last night it's a tie between ourselves and Airdrie for angriest fans in the league and long may it continue. Was glorious sitting back and lapping it all up some great shouts!

Some of the shouts were amusing, but most of them were just sad individuals trying to show off by abusing soft targets.

26 minutes ago, printer said:

Certainly deserved the three points last night.

I thought Airdrie deserved their lead at half-time; a quality strike from Duffy and then a good finish from Higgins giving them a two nil lead that flattered them a bit, although they had looked sharper in the final third. The penalty on the stroke of half-time brought us right back into it and we started the second half with increased tempo and determination; and we hardly let those levels drop all half as we dominated the rest of the game. Fleming and Hetherinton bossed the midfield and Stewart was an excellent target man. Kirkpatrick could easily gave had a hat-trick and even when Fleming crashed his penalty off the bar, we never let up. Delighted for Jordan getting the equaliser.

Don't know what the loan arrangements are with Crossan and Smith, but it looked suspiciously like 15 minutes counts as an appearance as bringing them on for Cawley and Flanny was otherwise bizarre and pretty much threw away our dominance.

I haven't been able to get to the games recently and was a little concerned about our form. Losing at Stranraer and at home to East Fife and taking 2 points from 2 games with Airdrie is really pretty poor given we have a decent squad. Encouraging to hear we actually played some good stuff last night. Important to win on Saturday as we run the risk of letting East Fife back into the play-off fight if we continue to drop points.

Really hope that loan arrangements aren't behind substitutions.  Loan players deserve a proper opportunity  of course, but they need to earn their place in the team on merit like everybody else.

Really hope that loan arrangements aren't behind substitutions.  Loan players deserve a proper opportunity  of course, but they need to earn their place in the team on merit like everybody else.

Maybe there's nothing in it.

Taking off Kevin Cawley, who like the rest of the front four was giving the Airdrie defence a torrid time, and replacing him with Smith looked a ridiculous decision. It happened right after the equaliser, so it looked planned before that.

Crossan for Flanny I can see, although there's no doubt that one too weakened the team last night.

5 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

There seems to be a vocal section of authoritarian airdrie fans who think that they have the right to impose their views upon others and think that everyone else should conform to their particular approach and view - whether that be dictating what flags can and can’t be brought to games, what songs can and can’t be sung and now who can and can not attend a game...

Fascistic desire for total conformity.

Tommy Robinson is perfectly entitled to pay in to see Airdrie, like any other member of the public.  Unfortunately some people, including those who support him and folk just using it as a stick to beat Airdrie and its fans, are using his presence to imply some connection between the club, its support and the ideology he espouses.

Since I also wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire, I can sympathise with the point of view of those Airdrie fans who object to such a heavily publicised appearance at the ground.

Eh? I was at the game last night and I didn't see or hear any singing or dancing, by either set of fans. There's never any singing at Airdrie, the place has the atmosphere of the moon. The only noise was Fleming getting roundly booed every time he touched the ball.

I thought the turning point in the game was Alloa's 1st penalty. I've still no idea what it was given for, and I was sitting level with the box at that end. The goal gave Alloa a real lift and there was only one team in it after that. No issues with the 2nd penalty, that looked a fair call. The ref was clearly going to let anything go - Airdrie didn't adapt and just got bullied in the 2nd half. Too many players went missing when it got tough, with Carrick a notable exception. This isn't the Development League.

And Duffy's goal was an absolute peach.

6 hours ago, printer said:

Looks very suspicious doesn't it.  We can't bow down to clauses if we want to win promotion.  The best 11 should be on the park as long as they are performing well week in, week out.

That was not a good game from an Airdrie perspective.

I'm really beginning to wonder about Findus' judgement. The defence is just fucking woeful. Alloa held a high line against us and pressed the defenders hard knowing that they're playing this 'passing game'. MacDonald continues to get  caught out of postion, Brownlie is just poor. 

Once more Conroy was anonymous. Stewart had yet another shocker.

The 'keeper had a poor night too - as did the ref.

The wee fat Alloa fella loved being the panto villan, and fair play to him. One odd decision from him though was when he got injured about 15 to go, walked further onto the park and went down to waste time - this was at a point in the game that there was only likely to be one winner - Alloa.

Didn't really get Goodwins "wont somebody think of the children" interview after the game. Jim Fucking Goodwin - the same man who built a career on thuggery and was giving it large to the home fans every time Alloa got a decision. Weird man.

Looks very suspicious doesn't it.  We can't bow down to clauses if we want to win promotion.  The best 11 should be on the park as long as they are performing well week in, week out.

I can't see too much wrong with it. If we can satisfy the loan conditions by bringing them on for a token 15 minutes at the end, then so be it. At least we have our best 11 starting.

Archived