March Madness 2018

MSU

Who loves them some college hoops? By which I mean basketball. Obviously.

Tourney proper started tonight after the First Four shite earlier in the week. Bracket already busted, thanks to Rhode Island succumbing to Oklahoma. Still, I've predicted 11 from 12 so far, which considering I have no idea what I'm doing is pretty good. Mon the MSU Spartans! GIRFUY, Wolverines!

Umm, Rhode Island beat the Sooners in overtime.  A result that displeased me as I foolishly bet that Trae Young might actually show up for a game once in 2018 .... Still, the Jayhawks march through to the second round, we always screw up when we've got a good team, so this seasons flawed squad will probably end up winning the thing for once!  I need to find some highlights of Buffalo trouncing Arizona, the shocks are coming in already

Lets hope Duke are next to fall.

College is often better to watch than pro. Same goes for football. No prima donnas, plus they genuinely seem proud to play for their schools. Despite the fact that for the most part they're being hideously exploited. 

#3 MSU playing #14 Bucknell tonight. Should be plain sailing but the memory of us getting humped in the first round by Middle Tennessee FFS a couple of years ago when we were ranked second is still pretty fresh.

57 minutes ago, Helpma said:

And  Bucknell have got previous as giant killers, they knocked out KU in a first round #3 v #14 a few years ago.  :)

I'd forgotten about that. Thanks for the reminder.

Decent Spartan performance against a stubborn and spirited Bucknell. Nick Ward was awesome, as he's been all season.

So @Helpma, what's the reason for the affiliation with the Jayhawks?

49 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Watched Kansas/Duke, was excellent. Grayson Allen is about as contemptible as Christian Laettner.

Correct on all counts.

Archived