Ageing

9 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I started going grey when I was 19. Other people seem to be more concerned about it than I am.

Same here, though I found my first grey at 18.

32 now and pretty well peppered all over, however with a full head of hair,  unlikely to change either going by my Fathers napper!

As you mention though, other people bring it up more and I don't really care, in fact I kind of like it! 

I'm  not too far behind my brother (6 yrs senior), he's already gone full Schofield so it is what it is.

8 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I pull hair out of my ears but trimming body hair is wrong, just wrong. Unless you are a professional bike riding type or swimmer and even then its borderline

If you cut the hair on your head to keep it looking tidy and respectable what's the difference with trimming chest and/or pubic hair for the same purpose? It only needs doing once a month (if that). Not giving a f**k about your appearance is entirely different from suggesting it being wrong.

How is life there in the 1970s btw? Is it still the 3 day week there?! ;) 

29 minutes ago, sjc said:

If you cut the hair on your head to keep it looking tidy and respectable what's the difference with trimming chest and/or pubic hair for the same purpose? It only needs doing once a month (if that). Not giving a f**k about your appearance is entirely different from suggesting it being wrong.

How is life there in the 1970s btw? Is it still the 3 day week there?! ;) 

The very obvious difference is that body hair doesnt keep growing in the way hair on your head does. Ergo it doesnt need trimmed

Its great here, 3 day week and not one of them is spent cutting fucking body hair.

I have always looked younger than my age, I am now in my 32nd year.

I have very slight grey hairs on the sides of my hair not noticeable unless you inspect it, I don't worry about that at all. If I'm brutally honest though I am struggling with the weight gain, which is seeming easier to happen, not that I'm fat or anything. I've always been normal proportioned, not to slim, not overweight. I do feel self-conscious at the tightening of the medium tshirts and 32 inch waisted jeans.

33, full head of hair, though starting to notice a few greys in the sides. Blond hair though so far less conspicuous than it might be. Luckily got my hairline from my Mum's side of the family, unlike my older brother who clearly got his from my dad's side.

Probably way to heavy for my height. Though all the dog walking keeps my cardio-vascular health going. On the other hand I've got a busted knuckle that aches, a never properly healed Achilles tendon that clicks a lot, a bad knee in the other leg and so many fillings I can pick up most radio stations. Not to mention the existential ennui and the early onset middle age crisis.

Got a kid due in a few of weeks so from a biological point of view I'm already obsolete anyway.

Edited by renton

31 minutes ago, Mr X said:

The very obvious difference is that body hair doesnt keep growing in the way hair on your head does. Ergo it doesnt need trimmed

Its great here, 3 day week and not one of them is spent cutting fucking body hair.

Depends upon how neat you want it to look. Each to their own I suppose. Not sure why you constitute it as "wrong" though. Differing personal preferences/standards I'd say.

49 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Love yanking out my nose hairs. 

You’re shitting me !!! That no painful? Just stick the beard trimmer up once a week for me. Eyebrows are becoming an issue also, they get grade 5d once a week as well