Ageing

12 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

With the lighter nights coming in I'm hoping to get back out the bike again but aye, it's portion size that I need to be stricter with.

You'll feel hungry ALL the time at first but battle through it and your stomach will shrink to suit after a while.

Running is far better than cycling for weight loss but if you're worried about high impact on your limbs then try swimming or even walking in the swimming pool. Cycling won't do any harm though.

Turned 40 recently and it doesn’t bother me. Still have plenty of hair (though with more greys) and am healthy enough. Tend to get quite fit over summer too - just find it much easier to be up and out to the gym at 6 or out for a run. In better nick than when I was 20 anyway. Starting boxing in early-mid 30s was a good move as it taught me how to really train intensively, 

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Tbh I just wait till I look like a homeless person and go to a barbers and ask for a number two all over ( that could go wrong in some Edinburgh establishments I believe) Soap, shampoo and toothpaste are the only stuff I buy for bodily maintenance, other than razors and shaving gel.

Bin the shampoo, its a con by the shampoo merchants. :P Apart from running a bar of soap through it on the very odd occasion when its really muddy I've not washed my hair for about 30 years. I do keep it pretty short though.

The biggest issue I've had is the old injuries catching up, things that didn't bother me too much through my 20's and 30's have been making an appearance.  Bust ribs and an arthritic elbow being the main 2. 

The flipside is that I think I'm a lot happier as an older and wiser chap, not that I was unhappy when younger, its maybe not the same for everyone but I'm a lot more mellow now and I like that. :angel

I'm 36 now, still got all my hair but have noticed a few grey hairs at the sides bit can't say it bothers me. Worst thing is putting on weight, I'm still not overweight but I do feel that I could be losing about half a stone. It's been hard since I injured my foot last year so exercise hasn't been easy but I'm slowly on the road to recovery do should be able to shift a few pounds before summer comes around.

2 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I'm 36 now, still got all my hair but have noticed a few grey hairs at the sides bit can't say it bothers me. Worst thing is putting on weight, I'm still not overweight but I do feel that I could be losing about half a stone. It's been hard since I injured my foot last year so exercise hasn't been easy but I'm slowly on the road to recovery do should be able to shift a few pounds before summer comes around.

Your foot probably weighs half a stone - lop it off and you’ve killed two birds with one stone. 

I'm very lucky in that I still have a full head of hair and no grey despite turning 44 last week. Only real difference in appearance from my 20s is the additional 3 stone....

Where I do notice aging is the aches and pains. Both knees riddled with arthritis and issues with sciatica. I'm a regular ibuprofen cruncher just to get about my day.  It's not a pretty sight me getting up in the mornings. :lol:

Edited by PWL

About to hit 34 (had to seriously think about that there and use arithmetic, not a good sign) and just developing the thinning of the hair at the sides of the front that could potentially leave the isolated lump of hair in the middle. Not liking the thought of that.

White hairs on sideburns indicate that my predictions of an Alistair Darling white hair with black eyebrows shall indeed be coming true.

Turning 39 next month.  Hair is going grey, mostly on the sides but with bits all over.  I've also developed a solar panel at the back of my head, but it seems to have slowed down, so my fears of having to shave the lot off have been shelved for now.

Could do with losing about a stone, but i've joined the gym and am trying to eat better.  Need to cut out the beer if I want to seriously do anything about it though.

I had a heavy session down in Manchester last weekend for the football and I felt hungover until Tuesday.  That's one of the big flags for me that I'm not in my prime anymore.

I don't care about ageing.  I can't believe that people actually get stuff like hair transplants, it's bizarre to me.

I have lost weight from when I was in my late 20s (I'm 37) mainly due to eating better - it's difficult to lose weight exercising alone, you need to take care of your diet.  Cutting out anything with added sugar is a very good starting point.

6 hours ago, sjc said:

My hair has thinned a little but still here. I've got a couple of grey hairs in my sideburns but nothing too noticeable......I actually have more grey chest hair to be honest.....but I tend to keep that trimmed so no real issue even if I was that bothered. My eyebrows need trimming regularly otherwise they end up like Patrick Moore's! Started to get hair sprouting from my ears too!

I used to be 0.5-1 stone overweight which isn't too bad but now ridiculously underweight! 

6 hours have passed and no-one has pulled up sjc on trimming his chest hair.

Shame on you P&B ... shame

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:

6 hours have passed and no-one has pulled up sjc on trimming his chest hair.

Shame on you P&B ... shame

What wrong with body grooming? In the words of Lester Burnham in American Beauty, "I just want to look good naked!"

19 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I don't care about ageing.  I can't believe that people actually get stuff like hair transplants, it's bizarre to me.

I have lost weight from when I was in my late 20s (I'm 37) mainly due to eating better - it's difficult to lose weight exercising alone, you need to take care of your diet.  Cutting out anything with added sugar is a very good starting point.

A mate of mine had one. He looks better for it in fairness plus you can see he's more confident because of it. Whatever gets you through the night I'd say.

6 hours ago, sjc said:

Portion size is the key as my diet was never that bad!

Portion size and the times you eat were my problem. This may sound odd, but I bought a smaller plate (in between Big and side) and it helps :lol: lost 5 stone last year mostly using ready meals, dictating the portion size.  Stopped eating after my evening meal also, the suppers I would put away after 11pm were unreal. Don’t go food shopping when you’re hungry and don’t buy shite, then you can’t eat it

30 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I can't believe that people actually get stuff like hair transplants, it's bizarre to me.

9 minutes ago, sjc said:

A mate of mine had one. 

I wouldn't have thought transplanting one hair would make that much difference, really.