Ageing

Are you worried? Dye your hair, cover your bald spot Trump style, or just shave it off at the first sign? Watching a programme about Stalin and it struck me how little the young Stalin looked like the old. I've made no effort whatsoever to preserve the luscious looks of my younger self, but it's possible that Stalin would have done better by his future image by putting a bit of effort into shopping for decent male beauty products and a better barber. If he felt better about what he saw in the mirror he might not have felt the need to murder all these people.

330px-Stalin_1902.jpgbe2f01bd30ec4ae38c00095dc37de27b.jpg

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Are you worried? Dye your hair, cover your bald spot Trump style, or just shave it off at the first sign? Watching a programme about Stalin and it struck me how little the young Stalin looked like the old. I've made no effort whatsoever to preserve the luscious looks of my younger self, but it's possible that Stalin would have done better by his future image by putting a bit of effort into shopping for decent male beauty products and a better barber. If he felt better about what he saw in the mirror he might not have felt the need to murder all these people.

330px-Stalin_1902.jpgbe2f01bd30ec4ae38c00095dc37de27b.jpg

Have you read that book Young Stalin? Think he would have still been up for a bit of murder.

9 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

No. It is what it is. I just get on with it :) 

Tbh I just wait till I look like a homeless person and go to a barbers and ask for a number two all over ( that could go wrong in some Edinburgh establishments I believe) Soap, shampoo and toothpaste are the only stuff I buy for bodily maintenance, other than razors and shaving gel.

7 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Have you read that book Young Stalin? Think he would have still been up for a bit of murder.

Aye, I'm sure he would, but for the very best of reasons, because he was very good looking. His ugly older self however I totally believe capable of the millions of murders he caused in Ukraine, for example.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Aye, I'm sure he would, but for the very best of reasons, because he was very good looking. His ugly older self however I totally believe capable of the millions of murders he caused in Ukraine, for example.

From memory, he was disabled. 

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I feel the same. Those people possibly goaded him.

The Ukrainians are known for it. That Malaysian jet for instance. Told them "Yeah yeah ok. fly over" without even consulting the citizens of Donetsk.

Edited by welshbairn

My hair has thinned a little but still here. I've got a couple of grey hairs in my sideburns but nothing too noticeable......I actually have more grey chest hair to be honest.....but I tend to keep that trimmed so no real issue even if I was that bothered. My eyebrows need trimming regularly otherwise they end up like Patrick Moore's! Started to get hair sprouting from my ears too!

I used to be 0.5-1 stone overweight which isn't too bad but now ridiculously underweight! 

5 minutes ago, sjc said:

My hair has thinned a little but still here. I've got a couple of grey hairs in my sideburns but nothing too noticeable......I actually have more grey chest hair to be honest.....but I tend to keep that trimmed so no real issue even if I was that bothered. My eyebrows need trimming regularly otherwise they end up like Patrick Moore's! Started to get hair sprouting from my ears too!

I used to be 0.5-1 stone overweight which isn't too bad but now ridiculously underweight! 

That's the only thing bothering me about getting old.  I started showing some grey hair about four years ago or so but once I've stuck some pomade on my nut you cant really see it, either way I'm not fussed about it.  It's just the weight that's a problem.  Started working nightshift about three years ago and I've just ballooned out.  Keep worrying that if I don't kick start it now, it's going to get even harder to lose it as I get older.

11 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

That's the only thing bothering me about getting old.  I started showing some grey hair about four years ago or so but once I've stuck some pomade on my nut you cant really see it, either way I'm not fussed about it.  It's just the weight that's a problem.  Started working nightshift about three years ago and I've just ballooned out.  Keep worrying that if I don't kick start it now, it's going to get even harder to lose it as I get older.

It definitely is harder as you get older to keep the weight off. In my late 20s I ballooned to about 3+st overweight but quickly got close to my target weight by cutting down my food portion size and running regularly (10km 3-5times a week)

Portion size is the key as my diet was never that bad!

7 minutes ago, sjc said:

It definitely is harder as you get older to keep the weight off. In my late 20s I ballooned to about 3+st overweight but quickly got close to my target weight by cutting down my food portion size and running regularly (10km 3-5times a week)

Portion size is the key as my diet was never that bad!

With the lighter nights coming in I'm hoping to get back out the bike again but aye, it's portion size that I need to be stricter with.