SAVE COWDENBEATH FOOTBALL CLUB

Just now, gogsy said:

To be fair that was my attitude as well and I'm not a Cowdenbeath fan.;)

And here we are, in business and giving money to Kelty Hearts when we hire out there facilities. 

We're great. 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Arent you hiring out the facilities from the council? Genuine question as I dont know the answer to that one.

Yes they are, extraordinary that they would extend a line of credit to .............................um..................................

Just now, gogsy said:

Arent you hiring out the facilities from the council? Genuine question as I dont know the answer to that one.

I have absolutely no idea, I just presumed that with the amount that we post about Kelty that we'd be linking up with them in some sense. Our BoD do seem quite keen on them. We certainly don't hire the pitch at Kelty out for its value for money, one of the most expensive AstroTurfs in West Fife. 

I have absolutely no bitterness towards Cowdenbeath for that game, was simply a game of football where they won, it happens and long may they enjoy the memories of it.    However I do know that Pars fans are allot less sympathetic than what they would have been following the attitudes of many Cowdenbeath fans during the time we were in admin, out of all the clubs their fan base seemed the most keen for Dunfermline to go to the wall. People who live in Cowdenbeath in general seem to have a massive chip on there shoulder with regards to Dunfermline. 

Bit unfortunate that, Dunfermline fans would've been one of there best hopes for donations. 

I don’t know every Cowdenbeath fan but of all the fans I do know personally not one of them said to me they wanted Dunfermline to go to the wall. I’m not trying to undermine your statement as you may have good reason for writing it but I personally didn’t see or hear anything like that. There was absolutely no benefit to any of us at Cowdenbeath if it had happened. However it has not taken long for one or two pond specimens from the East End faithful to post their bile on here.

5 hours ago, onecowden said:

I don’t know every Cowdenbeath fan but of all the fans I do know personally not one of them said to me they wanted Dunfermline to go to the wall. I’m not trying to undermine your statement as you may have good reason for writing it but I personally didn’t see or hear anything like that. There was absolutely no benefit to any of us at Cowdenbeath if it had happened. However it has not taken long for one or two pond specimens from the East End faithful to post their bile on here.

Pars fans rewriting history. Expect a statement that they were never in debt to anyone.

i distinctly remember a game cowden played and we opened the chapel street turnstile and all monies thru that turnstile went to Dunfermline cause. And yes I did use it as I don’t think a Fife Club going Out of business benefits any Fifer.

We may well go to the wall and cause celebration at East End Park but we will do it with all bills paid. Maybe we should have just not paid the bills and bought better players. Seems to have worked for many Clubs.

3 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Pars fans rewriting history. Expect a statement that they were never in debt to anyone.

i distinctly remember a game cowden played and we opened the chapel street turnstile and all monies thru that turnstile went to Dunfermline cause. And yes I did use it as I don’t think a Fife Club going Out of business benefits any Fifer.

We may well go to the wall and cause celebration at East End Park but we will do it with all bills paid. Maybe we should have just not paid the bills and bought better players. Seems to have worked for many Clubs.

It’s always the same Dunfermline fans who post their dross on here. Thankfully not many. Not worth bothering about.

3 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

i distinctly remember a game cowden played and we opened the chapel street turnstile and all monies thru that turnstile went to Dunfermline cause. 

I'm sure there will be proof with regards to this? Should be a statement about this as I'd imagine. 

As it is I have a feeling that you're getting your events confused, for one game there was turnstiles open at a Cowdenbeath game but it wasn't to go to the "Dunfermline cause" it was to go to Cowdenbeath, when we went into administration we still owed money to Cowdenbeath after our previous board didn't bother giving them the money from ticket sales. The turnstiles were opened for Pars fans to go through and to help alleviate any problems that Cowdenbeath were having as a result of us being on the rob, the takings from that turnstiles were then deducted from the final amount we owed them, you were one of the smaller football debts we owed though. 

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Visit_Central_Park&ID=7150

The uptake wasn't great though, at the time it was more done for the benefit of Cowdenbeath then ourselves, with the long term aim of it being mutually beneficial. 

Ironic you start your post with a dig at Dunfermline rewriting history, before then proceeding to try and rewrite history. 

Something I'm still trying to work out here which isn't particularly clear on that 135 page:

Are these desired funds absolutely essential to save the club in general (e.g. there will be no club in the area called Cowdenbeath FC thanks to the taxman closing them down otherwise) or just to satisfy some 'big league' (SPFL) sense of entitlement to prevent the shame of going to Kelty Hearts on league business?  If it's the latter then they can absolutely gtf with this one.

17 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Dunfermline fans had one for Cowdenbeath to try and pay them the money we owed them, didn't hear of Cowdenbeath fans holding one for Dunfermline, you inevitably would've had a few who would've donated right enough. The most prevalent attitude I seen was one of "Hope they go bust."

Aye some of us did put money in collection buckets.

17 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I have absolutely no idea, I just presumed that with the amount that we post about Kelty that we'd be linking up with them in some sense. Our BoD do seem quite keen on them. We certainly don't hire the pitch at Kelty out for its value for money, one of the most expensive AstroTurfs in West Fife. 

I think you must have some tie up with Kelty. When you had an u20 side playing there you used their changing rooms same as St Johnstone do now.

When Cowden play there and hire it from the Council we use the changing rooms in the community centre.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Something I'm still trying to work out here which isn't particularly clear on that 135 page:

Are these desired funds absolutely essential to save the club in general (e.g. there will be no club in the area called Cowdenbeath FC thanks to the taxman closing them down otherwise) or just to satisfy some 'big league' (SPFL) sense of entitlement to prevent the shame of going to Kelty Hearts on league business?  If it's the latter then they can absolutely gtf with this one.

What would be the shame of going to Kelty on league business they could very well be in the SPFL in a few years.

What would be the shame of going to Kelty on league business they could very well be in the SPFL in a few years.

Doesn't necessarily have to be Kelty per se, but let's not pretend that dropping down to the level of the village team just up the road wouldn't hurt. Decent wee side but hardly SPFL standard at the moment. If they were of that standard now then I'd have mentioned the likes of Selkirk or Dalbeattie Star instead.

The original question still stands though... genuinely going bust or all to do with a certain level of success?

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Doesn't necessarily have to be Kelty per se, but let's not pretend that dropping down to the level of the village team just up the road wouldn't hurt. Decent wee side but hardly SPFL standard at the moment. If they were of that standard now then I'd have mentioned the likes of Selkirk or Dalbeattie Star instead.

The original question still stands though... genuinely going bust or all to do with a certain level of success?

Re the original question I couldn't honestly tell you at the moment hopefully find out more at the EGM tonight.

We can end up playing Kelty without dropping down to their level as I said they could be in the SPFL in a few years time.

I would imagine they would be of Selkirk or Dalbeattie's standard at present sure they pumped Selkirk in one of the cups earlier in the season. EK or Spartans would have been better LL sides to mention.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Will there be a running totaliser?

I need to know about deadlines for bills etc so I can get the jelly and ice cream in from the shop.

We're not like other clubs screwing over businesses we pay our bills. Only "debt" the club will have is money that the directors and some fans have put in off their own backs.

You really need to get a life, get yourself a bird, go out and get pissed surely better than spending your time obsessing over us:lol:

Archived