The Liberal Elite

welshbairn

They get a bad name but without them we'd still have State sanctioned execution, people like Alan Turing would still be experimented on and driven to suicide by the State, gay marriages would still be outlawed, slavery would have been a profitable industry for the wealthy in Glasgow, Liverpool and Bristol in particular, for much longer, less protection for animal welfare in agriculture, the list is endless. Please add to it. Populists are welcome to add their victories and benefits they have brought to us all!

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

They get a bad name but without them we'd still have State sanctioned execution, people like Alan Turing would still be experimented on and driven to suicide by the State, gay marriages would still be outlawed, slavery would have been a profitable industry for the wealthy in Glasgow, Liverpool and Bristol in particular, for much longer, less protection for animal welfare in agriculture, the list is endless. Please add to it. Populists are welcome to add their victories and benefits they have brought to us all!

These are all the things people use who generally throw about “the libera elite” phrase want back. 

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The fact you have started this provocative thread shows that you were not whipped enough as a boy.  Bring back corporal punishment, the birch and the slipper.  Also, stocks.  I think Falcon Square in Inverness would ideal for some of these but I can't seem to find any on EBay.

I'm not sure I buy that all progress in society is due to the actions of an elite, however you describe them.

I do appreciate that the OP is trying to blue pill the pop-tards though.

15 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Indeed. Wouldn't it be wonderful?

A. Tory

6 hours ago, Forest of Dean said:

This post means very little unless you define the terms you are using.

I've been asking this of our politicians for a while now.  Rich white guys who were born into money seem to throw the word elite around a lot so it makes you wonder what an "elite" is if they aren't one!

I take it you were watching the BBC4 thing on capital punishment? Very, very interesting.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

I take it you were watching the BBC4 thing on capital punishment? Very, very interesting.

Aye I was, as it happens. :lol: I was surprised by how long it took them to see jail time an alternative punishment to  just inflicting physical harm or death.

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

i was with you until you brought animal welfare into it. These freeloading scum pay no tax and expect to live in luxury.

If any of them come near my daughter I swear I'll do time.

Yeah, but then we eat them (well most of them), at least the ones in agriculture as the OP mentioned

not true.

numerically speaking most agricultural livestock in the UK is not reared for slaughter.

Chickens are kept for eggs, in spacious appartments. Chickens originate in SE asia. They could have stayed there to fight for their rights but chose to piggy back on the efforts of working class british geese.

Sheep are kept for wool. Sheep are from the middle east. That says it all.

Female cows get to have a long peaceful life sitting around eating, while the menfolk are mostly slaughtered at birth. This is a vision of Corbyn's Britain.

Salt of the earth types like farage would bring back the battery farms that brussels took from us.

I’m not an intellectual (big surprise eh?) or part of the “elite”; but the anti-intellectual/anti-elite stance is worrying.

We do need experts, we do need clever folk; they are not the same thing but there is an overlap.

Mind you the Democratic elite in the US that still support Hillary Clinton can f**k off.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m not an intellectual (big surprise eh?) or part of the “elite”; but the anti-intellectual/anti-elite stance is worrying.

We do need experts, we do need clever folk; they are not the same thing but there is an overlap.

Mind you the Democratic elite in the US that still support Hillary Clinton can f**k off.

Are you sure?

Post Brexit the "Intellectual Elite" is defined as the smartest 48% of the population

The bar is now pretty low

Archived