• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
honestman54

What Happens if Cove Go Up?

What happens if Lochee United decided to jack the juniors in would they go straight into HL?

4 minutes ago, GFARAB82 said:

What happens if Lochee United decided to jack the juniors in would they go straight into HL?

Nope. They'd have to have a SFA licence and meet the other criteria of the HL like floodlights.

Yes but would the league be the highland they would get into that’s what I was asking not if they would qualify that’s just red tape that they surely would clear if they were ambitious enough ?

20 minutes ago, GFARAB82 said:

Yes but would the league be the highland they would get into that’s what I was asking not if they would qualify that’s just red tape that they surely would clear if they were ambitious enough ?

They fall into the Highland League side of the Highland/Lowland boundary. If they can meet the requirements the belief is that the Highland League would be forced to accept them by the SFA, even though some clubs, Lochee themselves, not thrilled by the idea due to the geography.

Thanks just my mate asked I wasn’t sure I know my local Junior side joined the EOS but we are in fife so I thought i’d ask if someone knew if that was the case or not 

6 minutes ago, GFARAB82 said:

Thanks just my mate asked I wasn’t sure I know my local Junior side joined the EOS but we are in fife so I thought i’d ask if someone knew if that was the case or not 

Right now the HL/LL boundary is a line of latitude along the mid point of the Tay Bridge. So all the Dundee Junior clubs would be in the Highland League catchment area. Tayport would of been the only Fife club close to being a Highland League area club, while Luncarty in Perth & Kinross are barely in the Highland League side.

image.thumb.png.8c3552f35ad8b2aaa51b69654e8555c2.png

Would require some thought to increase the number of teams in the league, in the past teams were voted in, don't know if things have been put in place to accommodate extra sides.

27 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Would require some thought to increase the number of teams in the league, in the past teams were voted in, don't know if things have been put in place to accommodate extra sides.

After the possibility of Montrose taking the Highland League to 19 teams, it was apparently decided that once they surpass 20 they'll look at divisions.

Hopefully there will be a Tier 6 structure added to the Highland League soon so they don't have to reach 20 and all the ensuing fixture congestion that's likely to cause.

2 hours ago, peternapper said:

If anything the league should be reduced in size to 16 teams to match the LL and avoid fixture congestion. Of course you would need to create a league below it at tier 6 for teams to drop into, which could involve a merger of the Tayside and North Juniors.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Hopefully there will be a Tier 6 structure added to the Highland League soon so they don't have to reach 20 and all the ensuing fixture congestion that's likely to cause.

There were HFL officials at the North Caley AGM the other week. There to discuss pyramid integration. Not sure if they've been in discussions with the North and Tayside Juniors yet.

35 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

There were HFL officials at the North Caley AGM the other week. There to discuss pyramid integration. Not sure if they've been in discussions with the North and Tayside Juniors yet.

Let's say the HL was cut down to 16 teams, with Banks O'Dee gaining promotion as licensed North Superleague winners. Do you think there would be enough teams from the North and Tayside Juniors (and perhaps even NCL?) willing to form a North of Scotland league at tier 6 covering everything north of the Tay Bridge?

Teams that could form a NoS:
Lossiemouth
Strathspey Thistle
Fort William (difficult one for travel as they will be even further away from the other teams?)

Hermes
Dyce Juniors
Culter
Ellon
Maud
Montrose

Lochee United
Broughty Athletic
Carnoustie Panmure
Forfar West End
Downfield

18 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They fall into the Highland League side of the Highland/Lowland boundary. If they can meet the requirements the belief is that the Highland League would be forced to accept them by the SFA, even though some clubs, Lochee themselves, not thrilled by the idea due to the geography.

Don't see why the HL should be forced to accept Lochee before any other Junior team.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Don't see why the HL should be forced to accept Lochee before any other ex-Junior team.

Because in that hypothetical scenario Lochee United would meet the requirements of the Highland League.

One of which is an SFA License which requires joining the pyramid = lowest SFA pyramid league in Lochee United's area is the Highland League which is open to applications.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Because in that hypothetical scenario Lochee United would meet the requirements of the Highland League.

One of which is an SFA License which requires joining the pyramid = lowest SFA pyramid league in Lochee United's area is the Highland League which is open to applications.

Banks o'Dee have been licensed for years. I haven't heard of the HL inviting applications.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Banks o'Dee have been licensed for years. I haven't heard of the HL inviting applications.

BoD had their license prior to the Pyramid commitment requirement. It will be interesting to see what happens the next time a north of Tay club submits a license application. Could be NCL or a junior team. While the Highland League may  not need to accept them it would certainly seem unreasonable for the SFA to reject a license application from a team like Broughty or Lochee when they have no clear path to joining the pyramid. 

Perhaps with the new ground share Montrose Roselea might be the team to break the glass ceiling as they only need to deal with the club requirements side of things?

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Banks O'dee are regarded to be like linlithgow Rose in being licensed before the "commitment to the pyramid" clause was introduced. This is what caused Kelty to move EoS & Auchinleck to give up on licencing because of being told to join the SoS.

As for applications the Highland League have had it in their constitution for years. Written application to the Secretary I believe. The links on the website give 404 error messages right now, so can't check.

EDIT: The league document section of the Highland League website is still showing 404 errors when looking at the 2017/18 or 2018/19 constitutions. This is what was written as in the 2017/18 version with regards to applications to join.

Capture.JPG.8dc8806097cb98a162324fc33cdb7690.JPG

Edited by FairWeatherFan