Sectarianism

6 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

We used to have a genuine laugh, usedto get weird looks laughing out loud at the computer, even got thrown out the library once or twice.

That doesn't surprise me.  He is, in my limited experience, a decent c**t with a good sense of humour.  Why he turned himself in to a bellend and why he proffered a square go whilst built like a bloke you could batter with a stocking-full of diarrhoea is a mystery.

22 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That doesn't surprise me.  He is, in my limited experience, a decent c**t with a good sense of humour.  Why he turned himself in to a bellend and why he proffered a square go whilst built like a bloke you could batter with a stocking-full of diarrhoea is a mystery.

22 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Cannot disagree, tough being a Rangers fan on here I would have thought, easy to react to constant abuse. 

29 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

Cannot disagree, tough being a Rangers fan on here I would have thought, easy to react to constant abuse. 

Tough supporting P&B's most posted-about team?  It's a fucking breeze, A74.  Have a few Frosty Jacks and play Diddy-Baiting.  They rise like trout in Mayfly season - and are just as bright.

19 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Tough supporting P&B's most posted-about team?  It's a fucking breeze, A74.  Have a few Frosty Jacks and play Diddy-Baiting.  They rise like trout in Mayfly season - and are just as bright.

Well enjoy, if you ever communicate with 8 let him know I was asking for him

They won't kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

It's the difference between them being the normal "big clubs in smaller European nations"  (e.g. 15-25K home league crowds) to freakshows that attract 50-60K.

Edited by tarapoa

On 3/5/2019 at 13:31, tarapoa said:

They won't kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

It's the difference between them being the normal "big clubs in smaller European nations"  (e.g. 15-25K home league crowds) to freakshows that attract 50-60K.

An absolutely tragic post and one to your eternal demerit.  

I can't imagine what goes on in the mind of a diddy but it just confirms to me that so many posters on here hate folk who enjoy watching football.

14 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I can't imagine what goes on in the mind of a diddy but it just confirms to me that so many posters on here hate folk who enjoy watching football.

If you look around Europe at nations with similar populations to us, the biggest clubs from the biggest cities tend to get 15-25K.

Scotland likes its football, so I suspect we are an anomaly in some respects - and without sectarianism, the two main clubs from Glasgow and surrounds would still be well supported.

But what really differentiates them is their 'traditions' and all the garbage that comes with it.  I do not doubt you have a lot of people that just enjoy their football - but if I have a gander at other club's forums I see no mention of t@igs this, tarriers that, orange b*******s  etc.....

Edited by tarapoa

"Eternal demerit"

Have a word with yourself you slavering ***

13 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not as bad as eternal damnation but mighty close. A bit like limbo, I suppose, so won't worry orange b*******...

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

I hope I’m not the only one seeing this stock photo below that story.

189C28A4-74CE-4693-8B3F-905E4F4CF880.jpeg

So let me get this right, *** is allowed because it doesn’t mean Protestant it only refers to Union Jack waving Rangers/Hearts supporters?

So, by that same logic, f****n would be allowed if it only applied in relation to tri-colour waving “Irish republican” Celtic/Hibs supporters and had no reference to their religion? 

I don’t think the use of ‘f****n’ at the football is supposed to encompass ‘wee Jeanie’ who goes to Mass but has no political leanings either way.

For the record, I don’t care if someone calls me an ‘Orange’ or ‘H*n b*****d’. I was raised Protestant (although I’m not really religious at all these days), have no issue with the Royal Family, have no issue with being part of a United Kingdom of Great Britain therefore I probably tick the boxes for what someone  would call ‘Orange’ or ‘***’.

But I do have a problem with Celtic and their supporters then trying to say that the word f****n means more than it does. Yes, it’s derogatory but it’s all just about context and is probably meant with the same level of derogation as ‘H*n’ or ‘Orange’ b*****d.

I’ve never associated the word ‘f****n’ with simple Catholicism. Nobody would call a Spaniard or Italian Catholic (with no Irish Republican leanings) a f****n. But an Irish tri-colour waving, Celtic top wearing, Irish Republican supporting Protestant (if such a person exists) would be more likely called a f****n.

I believe there is such a thing as a 90 minute bigot. Human beings are tribal and if you find yourself in a 40,000 strong tribe for an afternoon in the heat of it all you will more than likely get caught up in it. But just because someone joined in with ‘The Billy Boys’ at the football doesn’t mean they have a deep-seated prejudice against Catholics. Similarly, just because someone joined in with a ‘rebel song’ and shouted ‘O****e b******d at no one in particular at the football doesn’t mean they have a deep-seated hatred of Protestants. So can we all just stop with faux indignation?

I’m not saying there aren’t people with a prejudice but that isn’t going to go away just because they can’t say things in public. It’s only going to go away through education and I don’t think that would be undone by singing songs at the football.

Edited by DM5

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Didnt read lol!

This guy a *** or a ***?

Didn’t or can’t?

That’s part of the problem. You don’t want to listen to alternative opinions on it. You just want to shout from the roof tops that a word allegedly offends you while being allowed to shout words which allegedly offend others.

Edited by DM5