Sectarianism

11 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I would make reference to you damaging your credibility here mate but I fear that ship may have sailed.

Can you identify any members of the OO in the clip then?  They're all under 60 for a start.

Edited by The_Kincardine

4 hours ago, GloryHole said:

Orange order/ Bigots....same thing.

The COS had given 100% support to the governments ban, yet there's various so called ' Protestant groups' demanding equality...any one in favour of sectarian marches is a fud.

So your post about the OO was nothing to do with the OO then.

12 minutes ago, GloryHole said:

The main presence was the OO..so everything to do with that knuckle dragging inbred outfit.

How do I know?  You made a post purportedly about the OO but I can't see anyone identifiable as an Orangeman in the video and you can't point out an Orangeman in the video.

24 minutes ago, DurrantsKneeIsJelly said:

Anyway, what’s wrong with religious schools? 

As long as they are privately funded and subject to the same inspection standards as every other school then they are absolutely fine.  Otherwise?  It simply is not the job of the state to fund denominational-specific schools.  If parents want their children to be brought up in a particular faith that's their choice but not one that the taxpayer should subsidise.

My Father’s side of the family are Polish. My Mum’s are from the Republic of Ireland. We celebrate our Polish heritage through a network of Polish clubs and other Polish events. Why can’t I do the same for my Irish roots? You can’t be selective with some heritage and not others. To do so is clearly prejudice. You either celebrate all or none. Save your grievances for the fuckwits who can’t celebrate it I never a civil manner instead of getting the scattergun out and tarring everyone from a particular group in the same way just because you can’t see past what the idiots do.

I’m sure then you would support the Germans living in Poland performing a pro Nazi march every year?

Catering for different denominations adds to the tax burden and, as I said, it's no the role of the state to support individual denominations.

Your Protestant grandparents and great grandparents should have thought about that back in the day. Maybe we wouldn’t have needed catholic schools.

38 minutes ago, DurrantsKneeIsJelly said:

My Father’s side of the family are Polish. My Mum’s are from the Republic of Ireland. We celebrate our Polish heritage through a network of Polish clubs and other Polish events. Why can’t I do the same for my Irish roots? You can’t be selective with some heritage and not others. To do so is clearly prejudice. You either celebrate all or none. Save your grievances for the fuckwits who can’t celebrate it I never a civil manner instead of getting the scattergun out and tarring everyone from a particular group in the same way just because you can’t see past what the idiots do.

Just my opinion mate.  These marches generally "celebrate" historic events that are from century(ies) past and create a conflict in modern Scotland due to the perceived or blatant (you choose) sectarian underbelly.  I detest what the O.O. are doing and more power to the C.O.S. for disassociating itself from the vociferous element claiming that protestants are being victimised. Equally, the republican marches to beatify (you know what im getting at) IRA martyrs or other republican names also have no place in Scotland for me.

Why don't you and your mother head over to wherever and have your celebration where it/they happened.

Only my opinion.  

38 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

As long as they are privately funded and subject to the same inspection standards as every other school then they are absolutely fine.  Otherwise?  It simply is not the job of the state to fund denominational-specific schools.  If parents want their children to be brought up in a particular faith that's their choice but not one that the taxpayer should subsidise.

Should read as :

If supporters want their team to play in a particular League that's ..............................................................................................................

Yours, 

The The Lazarus team fae Govan.

24 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Your Protestant grandparents and great grandparents should have thought about that back in the day. Maybe we wouldn’t have needed catholic schools.

Aye so another P&B thread where it's my fault?

Anyway, you've, as usual, got this one wrong.  The influence of the Kirk on education waned significantly during the mid 1800s and the trend was for schools to be secular.  The Disruption accelerated this so, from 1843, you see denomination-specific schools pretty-much disappearing, as evidenced by the fact the the 100+ Episcopalian schools had been pretty-much absorbed in to the state system by 1918.

That Catholic schools were caused by discriminating Protestants is as much a myth as Celtic were caused by Protestants not feeding the Catholic poor.  Both are, largely, the rewriting of history by misty-eyed cretinous sectarians.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Aye so another P&B thread where it's my fault?

That Catholic schools were caused by discriminating Protestants is as much a myth as Celtic were caused by Protestants not feeding the Catholic poor.  Both are, largely, the rewriting of history by misty-eyed cretinous sectarians.

Yes that’s right. It’s all a myth just like Rangers dying is a myth.

8 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Not sure you’ve understood the point tbh. In saying that, I have no idea what your point is with that comment

I get the point you were trying to make I just did a wee copy and paste job of the bit I needed for my own agenda.

Poor stuff from you, but not surprising.

Poor stuff? You categorically deny that Rangers died when it’s fact. How am I then supposed to believe your version of history when you can’t get something basic correct?

Rangers enforced a policy of not signing catholic’s almost right up to the 1990s but we’re all to believe that Celtic were formed because they were the sectarian ones. I think you actually believe that Protestants didn’t discriminate, just opened their arms and said mon in lads, here’s a job and just pop along to the local schools, they’ll be glad to have you.

Do you look at other situations the same way? Those darn sexist women forcing us poor men to let them vote. How dare they!

4 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Poor stuff? You categorically deny that Rangers died when it’s fact. How am I then supposed to believe your version of history when you can’t get something basic correct?

So if I say that the state shouldn't be in the business of funding denominational schools and that the 19thC trend was towards increasingly secular schooling as evidenced by the absorption of Episcopalian schools in to the state system then my assertion is invalidated because I support a deid club?  

I doubt many posters would disagree with you.