Sectarianism

12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I just had a read at that.  It is the typical onanistic fuckwitery we'd expect from bitter, Celtic-minded, empty-headed Yessers.  An absolute abortion of an article.

Staunch, very staunch.

Rangers fans persist with sectarian chants at Hamilton

Steve Clarke's appeal over sectarianism fell on deaf ears with some Rangers fans who repeated the chants that offended the Kilmarnock manager on Wednesday.

Clarke had accused the Rangers fans who called him a "****** b******" of living in the Dark Ages following his team's William Hill Scottish Cup defeat at Ibrox.

The former Chelsea player - who revealed he had been approached by Rangers over their managerial vacancy last year - later appeared at a media conference with his captain, Kris Boyd, to call for action and education over Scottish football's sectarian problems.

Former Rangers striker Boyd had been subjected  to sectarian abuse by Celtic fans days earlier.

Rangers chairman Dave King offered a "sincere apology" to Clarke over the "unwarranted abuse" on Friday.

But Clarke was again branded a "****** b******" by a small section of Rangers fans during the first half of their Ladbrokes Premiership game against Hamilton on Sunday as they chanted the same "Cheer up Steve Clarke" song which he complained about in midweek.

A banner stating "Get well soon Steve Clarke" had earlier been unveiled by some visiting fans at the Hope CBD Stadium before kick-off. 

SCUM....

Media are at least starting to report it, Rangers have acknowledged there is an issue.

Disappointing the SFA and the League have decided to continue pretending it isn't happening.

It's time to ramp up the pressure on the authorities and force them to act, 

If your team are playing either of the old firm, list the sectarian chants and songs you heard on here after the game.

Highlight that it isn't the odd isolated incident, it's every game they play.

Film them and upload it here, bigots always struggle without their anonymity.

Arrests, banning orders, closed stands, point deductions, there are ways to address the issue.

We just need to force the authorities into doing their job. 

The Bigots are in the spotlight right now, let's keep them there. 

On 2/22/2019 at 07:20, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, It's good to see Clarke speaking up.

The facts that he doesn't have Celtic connections, hasn't as far as I'm aware voiced any opinions on the Irish question, and has no reputation as a noisy wind up merchant like Lennon, establishes clearly that the thousands of people calling him a ****** b*****d were doing so, simply because of his perceived Catholic background.

It's utterly indefensible, which of course it always has been.  

The case for strict liability is deafening, unless we have a genuine desire to tolerate this stuff in our game and society.  It's absolutely football's problem because it provides a high profile vehicle for it.

My thoughts exactly. I didn't even know what religion Steve Clarke was before last week.

On 2/25/2019 at 11:37, killiekranky said:

Media are at least starting to report it, Rangers have acknowledged there is an issue.

Disappointing the SFA and the League have decided to continue pretending it isn't happening.

It's time to ramp up the pressure on the authorities and force them to act, 

If your team are playing either of the old firm, list the sectarian chants and songs you heard on here after the game.

Highlight that it isn't the odd isolated incident, it's every game they play.

Film them and upload it here, bigots always struggle without their anonymity.

Arrests, banning orders, closed stands, point deductions, there are ways to address the issue.

We just need to force the authorities into doing their job. 

The Bigots are in the spotlight right now, let's keep them there. 

Not much wrong with this - but then that's one of the reasons why most Rangers fans are on here rather than other message boards.

" list the sectarian chants and songs you heard" will be interesting, though.

Not much wrong with this - but then that's one of the reasons why most Rangers fans are on here rather than other message boards.
" list the sectarian chants and songs you heard" will be interesting, though.

Only interesting to you because you like to try and use all manner of twisted logic and semantics to justify the wide range of utter pish that gets sung at (in your long and continuing absence from) Ibrox.

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Only interesting to you because you like to try and use all manner of twisted logic and semantics to justify the wide range of utter pish that gets sung at (in your long and continuing absence from) Ibrox.

5 minutes for you to reply?  What took you so long?

We did this pas de deux as recently as Sunday evening.  Let's not do it again.

5 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

You are persistent on here, masochist much, does no8 still post?

Aye, I know you're also a 'long termer' - I checked and 2004 is a couple of years before me.  You did seem to take a long break, though.

No8's views on certain subjects didn't especially chime with the moderating policy.  Decent enough bloke in person but did get unacceptably carried away.

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Aye, I know you're also a 'long termer' - I checked and 2004 is a couple of years before me.  You did seem to take a long break, though.

No8's views on certain subjects didn't especially chime with the moderating policy.  Decent enough bloke in person but did get unacceptably carried away.

Aye he got wound up very easily :) we used to wind each other up  :angelbefore this site we had Scottish football online, there was about 4 regular top league posters before they shut it and were decanted here. We actually got on reasonably well, just wondering if he'll pop up, most likely with a new name, dont think he'd last long with the abuse, nastier stuff than we used to have.

Anyhoo just change your team to Celtic and have a easier life  alternatively pick a diddy team, bathe in being a victim of the two cheeks and experience the bonhomie that brings

19 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

Aye he got wound up very easily :) we used to wind each other up  :angelbefore this site we had Scottish football online, there was about 4 regular top league posters before they shut it and were decanted here. We actually got on reasonably well, just wondering if he'll pop up, most likely with a new name, dont think he'd last long with the abuse, nastier stuff than we used to have.

Anyhoo just change your team to Celtic and have a easier life  alternatively pick a diddy team, bathe in being a victim of the two cheeks and experience the bonhomie that brings

No8 did have a bit of a shot at with a new ID.  Went well for a while until he started offering square goes.  Never a good look.

As far as, " Just change your team to Celtic and have a easier life" goes?  Absolutely.  Your mob get a much easier ride on here from the "two cheeks of the same arse" brigade ;)

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

No8 did have a bit of a shot at with a new ID.  Went well for a while until he started offering square goes.  Never a good look.

As far as, " Just change your team to Celtic and have a easier life" goes?  Absolutely.  Your mob get a much easier ride on here from the "two cheeks of the same arse" brigade ;)

"Offering square goes" :lol: him offering  a deluxe taxi driving service as well. We used to have a genuine laugh, usedto get weird looks laughing out loud at the computer, even got thrown out the library once or twice.

Celtic fans do, imo, get less hassle than you lot, I think that's the nature of the beast I'm sorry to say