Sectarianism

5 hours ago, Strugglingtostayinterested said:

Carlos the Jackal ? Change your user name if you are going to have a go at others for sectarianism.

Why should he? It's not as if Carlos the Jackal is known for having had any input into the issues regarding the constitutional status of the island of Ireland.

Insofar as he engaged in any kind of sectarianism, it would have been little lefty squabbles between the PFLP and the PFLP-GC or between the Rote Armee Fraktion and the Revolutionary Cells and the like. He's known for being somewhat less inclined to religious prejudice than some of his compatriots (refusing to assassinate Simon Wiesenthal for instance).

Are we now in the age of 'anything I don't like is sectarianism'?

Edited by Aim Here

8 hours ago, Strugglingtostayinterested said:

Carlos the Jackal ? Change your user name if you are going to have a go at others for sectarianism.

No - think that’s that clarified. However, in the spirit of goodwill here’s a photo of another parade with people in colourful outfits for you 

7CF74496-D17D-4190-9209-6A55D9291313.jpeg

Edited by Carlos the Jackal

This is real bigtory/sectarianism and why Celtic fans are far worse for it. Well done to Nacho Novo for standing up to these morons even though outnumbered.

If this had been Neil Lennon it would be all over the papers.

7 hours ago, MJC said:

This is real bigtory/sectarianism and why Celtic fans are far worse for it. Well done to Nacho Novo for standing up to these morons even though outnumbered.

No, if that had been Neil Lennon he would have got a bomb in the post.

On 05/08/2018 at 11:36, MJC said:

Unlucks mate, Yer wee team bottom of the table below Hamilton, that has to hurt. Not been a good week eh? craphead.gif

On 04/08/2018 at 00:03, Dee Man said:

Harsh on neanderthals. 

I agree. It is a bit hard on Neanderthals to be compared to Scotland’s shame, so to make them feel more included into the ‘bretheren’, I made this. 

Saying that they look more like Airdrie fans with shit hats and clean hands now.

4F619ED7-1080-4E3B-BB0B-CEBB65F24395.jpeg

15 hours ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

I agree. It is a bit hard on Neanderthals to be compared to Scotland’s shame, so to make them feel more included into the ‘bretheren’, I made this. 

Saying that they look more like Airdrie fans with shit hats and clean hands now.

4F619ED7-1080-4E3B-BB0B-CEBB65F24395.jpeg

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Have Celtic and Rangers fans always believed that the world is against them?  

Reading some of the Celtic-minded blogs (John James, Phil-Three-Names) and the Rangers forums and blogs (davies left peg), both sides seem to think the BBC are against them, the media are against them (the Record's bis seems to exercise both sides), the SFA are against them, the Glasgow City Council are against them (OK, that's only Rangers), the Establishment are against them (OK, that's only Celtic) and the referees are against them.

Has it always been this way or has it become more prevalent since Original Rangers died?

• 5 months later...

Bump.

A hearty well done to Steve Clarke for his comments lastnight. Laying bare the personal impact of the abuse and songs him and others face. Laying bare the fact that the country is poisoned at the roots and the impact it has on his family.

Lets see if anything changes or if the media and governing bodies continue pretending it doesnt exist.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Bump.

A hearty well done to Steve Clarke for his comments lastnight. Laying bare the personal impact of the abuse and songs him and others face. Laying bare the fact that the country is poisoned at the roots and the impact it has on his family.

Lets see if anything changes or if the media and governing bodies continue pretending it doesnt exist.

Sad thing is it wont, been highlighted time and time again and nothing happens, just be passed as you got pumped and move on pish chat.

6 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Finally someone has mentioned the elephant in the room. It’s outrageous they have been getting away with it. They still will though.

Fully expect him or his family to be attacked by these Neanderthals now though unfortunately.

I suspect he'll be gone in the summer - not sure I'd hang around and take this, especially if my career prospects were better elsewhere.

And the sectarian element at Ibrox will have won.

7 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Finally someone has mentioned the elephant in the room. It’s outrageous they have been getting away with it. They still will though.

Fully expect him or his family to be attacked by these Neanderthals now though unfortunately.

Yes, It's good to see Clarke speaking up.

The facts that he doesn't have Celtic connections, hasn't as far as I'm aware voiced any opinions on the Irish question, and has no reputation as a noisy wind up merchant like Lennon, establishes clearly that the thousands of people calling him a ****** b*****d were doing so, simply because of his perceived Catholic background.

It's utterly indefensible, which of course it always has been.  

The case for strict liability is deafening, unless we have a genuine desire to tolerate this stuff in our game and society.  It's absolutely football's problem because it provides a high profile vehicle for it.