Livingston v Falkirk: Episode 6 (The Juggernauting)

We got out of jail in the first game and you well know it.

Way behind Kilmarnock over the two games
And we were able to do so because they were missing the quality of Magennis that night to get them over the line. Not so second time round. Im not saying we would have won if he want there, but I am saying he was the difference between the two games. Killie might/probably would have eeked out a 2-0 home win to stay up if he wasnt there, but he was outstanding and was instrumental in them thumping us.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Joking aside I was genuinely annoyed at our tactics of launching high balks from goalkeeper to goalkeeper.
Perhaps if we had someone like Taiwo in the middle of the Park we might have been a bit more confident of winning the ball in midfield and creating chances.
I genuinely feel I wasted money attending that shite yesterday and also fully understand now why Livi attendances have dropped so drastically despite relative success on the park.

attendances dropped? They've grown from this point last season when we were about to seal the title

22 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

attendances dropped? They've grown from this point last season when we were about to seal the title

Have the home attendances grown or just the overall gate? You'll obviously have had far bigger away supports this season.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Have the home attendances grown or just the overall gate? You'll obviously have had far bigger away supports this season.

Last season we were 600-700 home fans, now it's up to almost 1k home per game. It sometimes goes down to about 800 depending on the game/weather/day

I genuinely feel I wasted money attending that shite yesterday and also fully understand now why Livi attendances have dropped so drastically despite relative success on the park.

The home attendance has been shite at Livingston for nigh on a decade; during that time we’ve had everything from the “attractive” flowing football of John Hughes and latterly Gareth Evans, to the dire hoofball of John McGlynn. I honestly couldn’t care less if our current style of play is “agricultural”, it’s winning us games. That’s what brings crowds in*.

*That, and not alienating your fan base for years and years by being an omnishambles off the pitch and applying next to no marketing strategy year in, year out.

Falkirk fans are clinging on to the smallest of things nowadays like talking about crowds and it being a poor league because Livi are second. It's a sad day when not even Livingston fans take you seriously, 1 win in 6 matches isn't great reading for the Hartley 'juggernaut'

2 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

Falkirk fans are clinging on to the smallest of things nowadays like talking about crowds and it being a poor league because Livi are second. It's a sad day when not even Livingston fans take you seriously, 1 win in 6 matches isn't great reading for the Hartley 'juggernaut'

Image result for ye ragin mate

Livingston are having a brilliant season and it is a very poor league. I'm not sure it's that much worse than normal tbh but it's certainly very low on quality.

St Mirren are coasting to the title and have hardly set the world alight. That being said, either did Hibs last year and they're comfortably top six in the Premiership, with a great chance of being in Europe next season.

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

Livingston are having a brilliant season and it is a very poor league. I'm not sure it's that much worse than normal tbh but it's certainly very low on quality.

St Mirren are coasting to the title and have hardly set the world alight. That being said, either did Hibs last year and they're comfortably top six in the Premiership, with a great chance of being in Europe next season.

This. Unsure why some on here seem to think these two point cannot co-exist.

Also, Falkirk have a very good average attendance and I feel this should be discussed on here at some point. We can't keep ignoring it.

Actually, I have no problem with you guys going up this coming season. It would be deserved, although it’s already been said, in a disappointing quality of league this season.
Nor can I disagree it’s been a very poor season for us. I have no need to deflect anything. So please, let me have my moan in peace. It’s the least we Bairns deserve this season.

4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Goading this clown is so easy it's not even much fun!

Clearly, was fun for me winding you and BPM up though, two of you are still wound up. I really shouldn't mock the afflicted, you're a bit simple minded.

Guest Back Post Misses
And we were able to do so because they were missing the quality of Magennis that night to get them over the line. Not so second time round. Im not saying we would have won if he want there, but I am saying he was the difference between the two games. Killie might/probably would have eeked out a 2-0 home win to stay up if he wasnt there, but he was outstanding and was instrumental in them thumping us.

We will agree to disagree if you think Magennis was the reason we didn’t go up fair enough. Our fall since then tells me something else.

Had we gone up how many of that side could have cut it in the Premiership?

Vaulks, Sibbs and Alston would have been it for me. A good core of that Kilmarnock side are now 5th in the Premiership (since Clarke took over they are actually 2nd).

Archived