Ayrshire 1st division

TheBark

This looks to be the most competitive league for me, with probably still 8/9 teams playing for something.

I can't see Stewarton slipping up now and almost have promotion wrapped up although a couple of teams with games in hand ( ardeer and Dailly) will still fancy their chances if they can put a run together, win games in hand and push Stewarton for the championship. Add to that kilbirnie Troon and catrine fighting for 2nd spot and there is still a lot of points going to be lost at the top. I think catrine and Troon may have left themselves with too much to do tho although will have a major say in who goes up as are capable of taking points off the other top teams.

Relegation for me is more straight forward, Winlinton, onthank and mossblown to all go down. With mossblown most likely to be playing a playoff against either Crosshouse/ new farm / craigie/ irvine meadow or killie ams. I know it's a big call but I think any of who would comfortably beat any of the 3 1st division teams. I haven't seen much of killie ams but they seem to be going well

All in all the first looks to be a great division with loads to play for

Who's going up and who's going down then? Seems clear stewarton have won the league already, but who's pushing for second as very good sides all in the running.

We Stewarton certainly haven’t won anything yet and are taking each game as it comes, plenty of teams have the opportunity to win the league and don’t write off Mauchline for having a say in the destination of the title, they gave us a great game on Saturday and credit to the management team as they set themselves up very well, competed well and never gave up.

Crosshouse have hit the ground running since Duffy returned from a lengthy injury, seems to be banging them in. New Farm always dangerous too.

I'd say its in stewartons hands to throw away. just need to take it a game at a time.

Crosshouse have hit the ground running since Duffy returned from a lengthy injury, seems to be banging them in. New Farm always dangerous too.
I'd say its in stewartons hands to throw away. just need to take it a game at a time.

Duffy is on a different level to most in that league. Crosshouse are the form team in 2a and I think might pip new farm by one or two points. I also think craigie will be the team to beat now in 2b. Irvine and killie fighting it out for the playoff to play new farm imo. Whatever 2/3 go up it will make the first even stronger next year.

Mauchline seem to have a mixed bag of results, beating ardeer and pushing Stewarton all the way recently, so as U say, shows they are a dangerous team. Will be a great end to the season

We Stewarton certainly haven’t won anything yet and are taking each game as it comes, plenty of teams have the opportunity to win the league and don’t write off Mauchline for having a say in the destination of the title, they gave us a great game on Saturday and credit to the management team as they set themselves up very well, competed well and never gave up.

Your correct mate looks like someone else might tip you's to the title, certainly not mauchline tho, they will be up there but no chance of winning

• 4 weeks later...
Stewarton and Ardeer for me, although if Troon and catrine can get wins this weekend it blows it wide open. I haven't caught any 1st division fir a couple of weeks . Think I'll pop along to catrine this sat. Great venue for amateur football up there.

Can't see ardeer or stewarton slipping up, If Catrine get a result on Saturday then it's wide open but, it just all depends whos still got to play who, not sure if stewarton still have to play ardeer and dailly again, think ardeer could maybe pip stewarton to win the league, the beauty of this first division tho, you never know till the last couple games

And then there was 4. any outside chance Troon had faded tonight with a poor result at mossblown, a result which imo, destines onthank for relegation. A team that only a matter of weeks ago way title favourites. Has there been a bigger capitulation in recent years in such a short time.

And then there was 4. any outside chance Troon had faded tonight with a poor result at mossblown, a result which imo, destines onthank for relegation. A team that only a matter of weeks ago way title favourites. Has there been a bigger capitulation in recent years in such a short time.

Onthank gave us a decent game last night

Onthank gave us a decent game last night

Still fell too pieces tho, as stated above where title contenders, and can't recall the last time they've had a win, not sure who's still to play who at the top, but it's looking very tasty for the last 6 games or so

Still fell too pieces tho, as stated above where title contenders, and can't recall the last time they've had a win, not sure who's still to play who at the top, but it's looking very tasty for the last 6 games or so

Stewarton have the following to play
Home
Troon
Mauchline
Dailly
Kilbirnie
Away
Crosshill

As I said in a previous post Mauchline have a big day in where this goes

They're hot and cold mate, I seen Kilbirnie took you's the distance, was it a close game or a good comeback? Dailly seem to have slacked a bit recently, Catrine ardeer big game tomorrow but still can't see by ardeer solid team, but then again this first division is full of surprises

Archived